Last week we released a new navigation scheme and shared with you our plans for creating a new platform that promises to personalize your oDesk experience and deliver more successful online work relationships. The initial step in these plans is to create more useful and tailored applications for our users. The first of these, announced last week, is oDesk Recruit which combines everything employers need to find, evaluate, and connect with their next remote worker.
Today, we unveil our 2nd application for employers, oDesk’s Manage My Team, which combines everything employers need to monitor work across their teams, manage their team rosters and payroll, and easily communicate and collaborate on current assignments.
This new application comes with a brand new My Contractors hub – one simple control panel to manage all your current remote work. Look for the opt-in link to this new Manage home page from your Team Room to explore this new hub and quickly and easily:
Manage Active Contractors
- See your team roster, know who is online and review the latest activity
- Quickly see the total amount worked to ensure you’re on budget
- Send a message, make a payment, or edit a contract using quick links
- See all weekly hours billed (to date)
- Review last week’s timelog & get notified before payment is due
- Quickly access all other reports
- Alerts tell you when a contractor started working, when to review a timelog, and when a payment is pending
- Tips and advice help you know what to do each step of they way
And, we’ve still got more to come in the next few weeks with our new navigation. Up next, a new application for contractors to help you grow and manage your remote work career.
We’d like to hear from you. What’s working and what’s not working with our new navigation and our new applications? Visit our community forum post to discuss with other users, or send us direct feedback via our survey (see the link at the top right of the My Contractors page).