Last year Upwork introduced Messages, a new way to collaborate and communicate with colleagues. As promised in my recent community post about Messages, we’re working on additional features to help you boost your productivity and make it easier to communicate in real time.
New! Video/Voice/Screenshare and Integrations
We understand how important effective communication is for building trust with your clients, freelancers, and teammates, and how essential it is for getting work done. So, we’re excited to announce that it’s now easy to chat with your team by either voice or video call and share computer screens.
Check it out at www.upwork.com/messages/plugins, and if you don’t see the one you want, then vote for it at the bottom of the page!
Bonus: A Couple Tips & Tricks
We want Messages to be as useful as possible for you. So here are a few additional tips to help you get more out of Messages.
- Recency Tab: Click the chat icon to see your messages ordered by recency.
- Files Tab: Click the paper icon to see all your files and links related to the room in one place.
- Notification Settings: Change how often you receive emails, desktop notifications, and more. Update your settings here, or if you’re using the Upwork Team App, click the gear icon and select Messages Settings.
- Keyboard shortcuts: See a few shortcuts to help you save time.
- Click the link icon to easily copy and share the public URL of any attachment.
- Got a message you want to save or review later? Mark it as a favorite by clicking the star icon and access it again later under Favorite Messages.
- Too many rooms in your left nav that you want to hide or archive? Click the circle with three dots and click Hide.
Thanks for your continued feedback.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about the ongoing development of Messages. I encourage you to use the tool and continue to share your feedback via the community forums or on my recent post to help us make Messages even better.