Back to School Isn’t Just for Kids: 20 Courses to Update Your Skills
As students prepare to head back to the classroom, we can all take a cue to be lifelong learners to prepare for the evolving workplace. Online learning opens the door for everyone, whether you’re a generalist or a specialist in your field.
“Skills, not college pedigree, will be what matters,” said Stephane Kasriel, CEO of Upwork.
Every quarter, Upwork releases the Skills Index, which reveals the hottest skills in the U.S. freelance job market. This quarter’s list highlights how companies are prioritizing cloud-based enterprise platforms, data science, video marketing, and artificial intelligence.
- ServiceNow: The Complete ServiceNow Developer Course
- DaVinci Resolve: Complete DaVinci Resolve 15 Video Editing
- Social video marketing: Digital Media and Marketing Strategies
- Highcharts: Learning Highcharts
- PyTorch: Deep Learning with Python and PyTorch
- Keras: Deep Learning Fundamentals with Keras
- Caspio: How to Build an Approval Workflow Application with Caspio
- LearnDash: How To Create A Learning Management System With WordPress
- Kendo UI: Introduction To Kendo UI
- Technical recruiter: IT Basics For Technical Recruiters
- Neo4j: Hands-On: Getting Started With Neo4j
- Statistical modeling: Data Science: Inference and Modeling
- Salesforce Lightning: Salesforce Lightning Experience Training – Part 1 – Getting Started with Lightning Experience
- Relational databases: Intro to Relational Databases
- d3.js framework: Learn and Understand D3.js for Data Visualization
- Motion graphics: Grow Your Motion Graphics Skills
- MATLAB: MATLAB and Octave for Beginners
- Packaging design: Packaging Design: Sketching Concepts That Surprise and Delight
- SEOMoz: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization
- Microsoft Azure: Orchestrating Big Data with Azure Data Factory
To learn more about the skills that made this quarter’s list and the underlying trends that are driving demand, read the full Upwork Skills Index press release.
Nancy leads Upwork’s Freelancer & Agency Success team, which helps ensure that talent on Upwork can get started quickly and build successful businesses on the platform. She leads a team responsible for specialized talent programs and manages the platform’s skill tests and certifications as well as local events for talent around the world. Prior to Upwork, Nancy held corporate strategy, business development, and management consulting roles at eBay, Sesame Workshop, and Oliver Wyman, respectively. Nancy holds a BA in Economics and Psychology from Dartmouth College and an MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkeley.View Nancy Van Brunt’s other articles