Hire freelance writing and translation experts in moments
Thousands of pros are ready to finesse your language and help you go global.
Specialized writing experts and translation professionals you can count on
Writing and translation projects for your most pressing work
Produce engaging articles and blog content that resonates with your audience and target market.
Get another set of eyes on your work to improve quality, flow, and clarity with proofreading and editing services.
Adapt your website, documents, videos, and more for regional or local markets.
Develop unique website copy that customers and search engines love.
Landing your dream jobs starts with a compelling resume. Get the help you need to create a stand-out, professional resume.
Get help with research, ghostwriting, formatting and publishing your book, eBook, or short story.
Build an agile workforce that moves faster than the pace of business with Enterprise Suite.
Translation that connects cultures
A translator works her way up to community support lead
"Angelica is a very professional translator and is committed to successfully delivering quality work. After working for us as a Latin Spanish translator for over a year, she is now leading our community support in Latin America. It's always a pleasure to work with her and I can strongly recommend Angelica."
How Penn Foster cut hiring time down to one hour
Penn Foster works with over 100 independent content specialists a year to design and write course content. Finding niche experts that can cover a variety of topics was a challenge. By using Upwork, the team gained access to the largest global talent pool and saved thousands of hours each year.
Professionals on Upwork help the world’s best companies with customer service needs.
Customer Service Professional
“I love helping people resolve their issues and/or going out of my way to find answers for people.”
Carlo Angelo O.
Customer Service Manager
“I ensure to treat their concerns with high urgency. I respond right away. That is how I let them feel I value their time well.”
Frequently asked questions
One of the first steps in hiring any talent is to determine which skills you need for your project. You know you need help with writing and translation, but what specific things are you trying to do? Upwork matches you with proven remote talent who can help you with all your writing and translation needs, including:
- Article and blog writing
- Website copywriting
- Book and eBook writing
- Translation of websites, videos, and presentations
- Podcast show notes
- Case study writing
- Product description writing
The cost of your project depends largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to complete your project.
A writing and translation project includes the following:
- Deliverables: What do you need done? Perhaps you need a professional to write blog posts, ad copy, or translate documents.
- Skills: Identify the writing and translation talent needed to complete the project (e.g., copywriter or French-to-English translator).
- Project Length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for either an hourly rate or fixed-price contract.
Upwork gives you the flexibility you need to find the right talent for your writing and translation projects.
- Talent Marketplace: Find and source independent professionals for your writing and translation project directly from Upwork’s talent marketplace.
- Project Catalog: Project Catalog is a new way to quickly get started and expand your capabilities through Upwork. From creative writing to proofreading and editing services, projects are predefined for you, so you can get to know talent through a clearly defined project within their expertise, then easily scale up and down as needed.
- Specialized Teams: Upwork isn’t just for independent contractors; you can also find independent agencies that can help you fill your writing and translation talent gaps with their own professional teams.
When it comes to writing and translation, you may need a multidisciplinary team of talent to handle the various components of your project. Examples of professionals you might need for writing and translation projects include:
- A niche-expert content writer for blog posts
- A proofreader and editor to review multiple blog posts
- A translator to translate your content into various languages
- A copywriter to write social media ad copy
- A legal translator to translate legal documents
Upwork is the leading online talent solution for companies looking to scale their teams and get work done. Key advantages for businesses looking to source talent for their writing and translation projects through Upwork include:
- On-Demand Talent: Access to a global talent pool of independent professionals and agencies.
- Transparency: Simplified vetting thanks to freelancer reviews, work history, testimonials, and portfolios.
- Technology: AI-assisted talent matching to help you find the right talent for your needs.
- Flexibility: Hire individuals or agencies to complete any size of project.
- Simplicity: Built-in tools that streamline the onboarding and collaboration with remote teams.