We create free advanced educational content for venture-backed technology startups in the public cloud and IT infrastructure space. The readers of our content include administrators, engineers, and technical managers learning to master key industry technologies.
To produce content superior to the usual online material, we rely on subject matter experts like you who are willing to share their knowledge with less experienced peers to lend a genuine and practical voice to our educational articles.
Our primary interest is in your knowledge, ideas, and technical expertise, as well as your ability to communicate these to a reader the way a mentor might train a new team member. We work with professional editors and graphic designers, so we don’t need perfect English or drawing skills, but we do require deep subject matter expertise and the ability to convey it clearly.
The guide below is an example of the type of content we create: [https://www.macrometa.com/event-stream-processing](https://www.macrometa.com/event-stream-processing)
In this job posting, we are looking for an expert on Apache Kafka to write an article of 1,500-2,000 words on technical topics related to this subject. Examples of specific topics in the series we are producing include the following:
- Streaming ETL
- Managed Kafka
- Kafka dead letter queue
- High availability vs fault tolerance
- Kafka cheat sheet
We require candidates to have hands-on experience with Kafka, including with technologies such as streaming ETL and Kafka dead letter queue.
This posting is for a single article. However, if this engagement is successful, we would prefer to collaborate with you on additional articles in the coming months at the rate of one or two articles per month.
Note that all of our educational articles are published anonymously on the websites of our clients and are not attributed to any authors.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
- Please explain in a couple of sentences the extent of your personal hands-on experience working on Apache Kafka.
- Please explain in one or two sentences your experience writing about this topic and/or conducting related tasks (such as hands-on training). If possible, please provide a couple of your writing samples (such as blogs or content written for internal purposes).
- IntermediateExperience Level
- Remote Job
- One-time projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 20 to 50Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.20 to 50
- 5 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.5 days ago
- 251Invites sent251
- 158Unanswered invites158
About the clientMember since Sep 5, 2020
- United States New York 10:46 am
109 jobs posted
100% hire rate, 20 open jobs
total spent 534 hires, 114 active
avg hourly rate paid
- Member since Sep 5, 2020
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.
- An experienced Managed Service Provider (MSP) professional to write an educational article for peers Fixed-price
- Apache Kafka expert to write an educational article for peers Fixed-price
- Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management to write an educational article for peers Fixed-price
- Cybersecurity expert with zero-trust knowledge to write an educational article for peers Fixed-price
- DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) expert needed to write educational article for peers Fixed-price