### **What you’ll do at the company:**
- As Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will be responsible for supporting and leading a range of strategic initiatives, all critical to sustaining, scaling and growing our business. You will serve as a proxy to the CEO on important company decisions by making time, information, and decision processes more effective across the company.
- In this fast-paced and agile role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the CEO on a day to day basis depending on what the needs of the business are each month, each week, and even each day.
- Given the stage of the company, this role is more about taking on important projects or tasks that the CEO would otherwise have to own and less about being a liaison between the CEO and the team. Each quarter, you will own a set of strategic initiatives to drive forward based on business needs and your own development goals.
### **What we are looking for:**
- **Fast and sound decision maker.** Analytical enough to break down ambiguous problems, scrappy enough to get the info and orient themselves around any problem, wise enough to know what matters most and make a good decision despite lack of domain expertise.
- **Strong storyteller and communicator.** Able to communicate at the right altitude with board members, executives, leaders and ICs. Is off-the-charts at creating presentations that synthesize a lot of research/info into a cohesive and simple story. It’s a pleasure to read short form (e.g. email) and long form docs (e.g. strategy) written by you.
- **Solid project management skills.** Is able to create order out of chaos. Is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Stays organized and doesn’t drop balls.
- **Influential leader.** Great at collaborating with and influencing leaders across the org. Able to give direct feedback and hold people accountable without being destructive. Can lead large projects with nearly the same urgency and speed as the CEO.
- **Obsessed with culture.** Views everything through the lens of culture and community and constantly has ideas for how to elevate our culture. Can come up with a great opening ice breaker or help design a new manager training because they can translate HR and business goals into creative ideas that energize people.
- **A systems thinker.** Observes raw data in the form of behavior and actions across the company and identifies how to systematically improve workflows to drive efficiency and quality.
- **Makes work feel like play.** Mutiny is a playful and creative place. We are extremely performance-oriented but know how to make things fun along the way. We want a Chief of Staff that embodies this culture.
- **A kind human** who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
### **What you’ll get out of it:**
- You’ll get to work with the CEO, executive team and the board on a regular basis and learn how to think like a CEO.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
### When applying, please let us know:
1. What are your 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?
2. What was your last place of work, and what you did there? Extra points if you are as specific as possible.
- Less than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 6+ monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Ongoing projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 15 to 20Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.15 to 20
- 2 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.2 days ago
- 31Invites sent31
- 8Unanswered invites8
About the clientMember since Sep 4, 2019
- Estonia Tallinn 4:16 am
112 jobs posted
55% hire rate, 10 open jobs
total spent 95 hires, 22 active
avg hourly rate paid
- Large company (100-1,000 people)
- Member since Sep 4, 2019
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.