We are building ‘GoodWork’ - a jobs platform/marketplace that will connect socially responsible employers with local young people to offer them career advice and support that they otherwise might not have access to. Central to our plans, is the development of valuable and interesting toolkits and resources that aim to help increase young people’s understanding of the world of work, help them navigate the job search and recruitment process, and develop the employability skills necessary for them to access good work.
We need an experienced Copywriter/Content Creator that can help us create these resources for young people on the GoodWork platform. The role would involve researching existing resources, and drawing on these for inspiration to create our own resources with new copy, images, layouts and ideas – incorporating a local element where possible (e.g. links to nearby training providers/support).
For the right person, this project could be the first of many in the future. We have a variety of additional projects that require copywriting and content – focussed on improving community health and wellbeing, and responding to the climate emergency.
We would like to conduct an initial trial to create a resource that will help young people developing their understanding of the recruitment processes interviews with the suggested topics:
1) Types of interview
2) Types of interview questions
3) Preparing for your Interview
4) On the day
5) Nailing the interview
6) Interview Follow Up
As part of the resource, it should include:
• An attention-grabbing title
• A short summary of the resource (40-70 words)
• Between 250-400 words copy for each section
Audience/Tone of Voice:
• These resources are going to be available for everyone, however the initial focus will be students aged 16-18.
• We don’t want these resources to sound condescending or boring - therefore we are aiming for a ‘casual but smart’ tone of voice,
• Use positive, friendly, engaging and approachable language; the text can be conversational
• We want the resources to be easy to read and to the point, ideally the topics are broken down with heading and/or bullet points
Content could include:
• Stepped/bulleted approach
• Hints and Tips
• Linked videos (please attribute)
• 1-2+ images/diagrams per section
Please make a note of the resources you use as you go.
An example of a good resource can be found here: https://thrivinglambeth.co.uk/resources/10-stress-busters/steps/introduction-10/
Examples of content to use as inspiration:
LinkedIn learning has video toolkits that we could take inspo from: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/search?keywords=interview&upsellOrderOrigin=homepage-basic_guest_nav_menu_learning&trk=learning-serp_learning-search-bar_search-submit
Application: Please could you provide us with an example of a piece of work you wrote, and how long the piece took you to write.
- IntermediateExperience Level
- Remote Job
- One-time projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 5 to 10Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.5 to 10
- 20 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.20 days ago
- 0Invites sent0
- 0Unanswered invites0
About the clientMember since Jan 26, 2017
- United Kingdom London 4:21 am
24 jobs posted
46% hire rate, 1 open job
total spent 13 hires, 5 active
avg hourly rate paid
- Member since Jan 26, 2017
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.