We are looking for an EHR systems industry expert to first evaluate our current IT needs and recommend the best overall software strategy to achieve efficient patient care and office management workflows. After several attempts to integrate EHR software packages with limited success, our desire is to select the best software among the many available options that will best meet our specific requirements.
We are a 70 bed facility in Northern California and run residential health education & medically supervised water fasting programs in which participants come for an in-person stay and follow nutritional therapies to improve their health. Patients may stay for a few days or as much as a few months or more. We offer overnight accommodations, food and beverage service, and medical services. We offer both inpatient and outpatient care and our clinicians make rounds to patient rooms twice daily. We also have an affiliated non-profit foundation that undertakes nutritional research activities.
Our key challenges are:
- We cannot use our main EHR (Meditab) to schedule patients in rooms as our scheduling needs are very complex and similar to a hotel facility. As a result, we use a 3rd party solution called "Reservation Master" which has limited integration with our EHR program and we cannot import room reservations into Meditab.
- Generating a bill is very time consuming and requires 3 pieces of software (Reservation Master, Excel and Meditab)
- We rely heavily on a patient portal to gather medical data before patient visits but the Meditab patient portal is not user-friendly and requires considerable manual work to import data and make corrections.
- We are dissatisfied with the EHR workflows and user friendliness of Meditab in general.
- Medical charting was so awkward in Meditab that we created our own medical record template using Atlassian Confluence and it works well but does not integrate with Meditab.
- Providers have 2 calendars that are not synchronized which creates confusion.
- Patients are not able to self-schedule in-house appointments.
Our goal is to address these challenges with the fewest number of software solutions possible and we are willing to look at all possibilities to do so including switching to a different EHR program and implementing other software solutions.
- Less than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 1-3 monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Ongoing projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 10 to 15Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.10 to 15
- 2 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.2 days ago
- 3Invites sent3
- 1Unanswered invites1
About the clientMember since Jun 14, 2018
- United States Santa Rosa 12:37 am
9 jobs posted
100% hire rate, 1 open job
total spent 10 hires, 4 active
avg hourly rate paid
- Large company (100-1,000 people)
- Member since Jun 14, 2018
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.