I am currently looking to hire an attorney on contingency for representation throughout the process of my case. The case is regarding an EEOC wrongful termination and ultimately a disability discrimination lawsuit. The facts of the case are as follows:
Current status of the case:
1. I have filed a request for an inquiry with the EEOC
2. I am awaiting an interview to take place on March 8th, 2023 by telephone conference.
Statements of fact/Case details:
1. I suffer from moderate-severe PTSD, Bipolar, and An Eating Disorder.
2. I was hired at the end of July 2022 at a bar in a small town, in Iowa.
3. I was terminated on October 14, 2022
4. Throughout the course of my employment at this establishment, there was not any one day of work, to which I was assigned, that I arrived to work late, nor did I ever call in to say I was not coming to work for that day. On the contrary, I showed up for all of my shifts regardless of any circumstances. I also would arrive, on average, between 30 minutes up to 1 hour prior to my scheduled shift time and would clock in and immediately begin to work.
5. Other Coworkers, the owners as well as Customers constantly praised me for my outstanding customer service skills, as well as my ability to learn a new job so quickly.
6. The owner, my boss, became aware of a mental health condition with which I have been diagnosed.
7. Two days later, she called me on the telephone to tell me she was taking me off of the schedule permanently. Because she was concerned that my mental health condition might make me collapse at any point during my shift. I told her she was taking it 100% out of context that, that was not even a potential symptom of that particular condition and that her notion of such even being plausible was incredibly outlandish.
8. I offered to sit down and help educate/inform her of what the particular mental health conditions that I suffer from are, and what they look like in me. I also offered to possibly set up a backup emergency plan just in case I am struggling with one of those issues, then we can set up a few- reasonable- accommodations.
9. I also asked her "So regardless of the fact that I have always shown up on time and even substantially early, ready and eager to begin my shift, regardless of the fact that I have never called in, regardless of the fact that I have never complained of being in pain, never complained about my mental or physical health in any way, and have always completed all of my job duties in a timely manner and have more often than not gone above and beyond when working on specific tasks, regardless of the fact that neither my mental health nor my physical health has ever impacted my ability to show up on time and do my job proficiently, so much so, that you didn't even know I suffered from any mental health issues, up until 2 days ago. And now, at this time, you are firing me because you have irrational fears of something not possible for a condition you clearly know nothing about."
10. The owners' response was "I'm sorry, I've made my decision, when you get your mental health stuff figured out then please give me a call, I'd love to get you back on the schedule again."
Additional details of the case are to be given as needed.
I am estimating that the EEOC will give me a letter to the right to file suit in the state of Iowa and will not take on my case themselves due to the outrageously large caseloads currently. I would like to obtain counsel and get ready to tackle this head-on, quickly and efficiently.
- Less than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 6+ monthsDuration
- IntermediateExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Ongoing projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- Less than 5Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.Less than 5
- 18 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.18 days ago
- 0Invites sent0
- 0Unanswered invites0
About the clientMember since Nov 8, 2022
- United States 12:48 pm
2 jobs posted
0% hire rate, 2 open jobs
- Member since Nov 8, 2022
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.