At Sunshine Profits we’re always broadening our knowledge and sharing it with others. Our clients can make better financial decisions thanks to our premium analyses and online community. Our authors have more freedom to be published as thought leaders than they would be given elsewhere. We’re also transitioning into a new company called Golden Meadow, with new online services, platform, and websites.
We’re looking for a journalist/popular finance writer to join our team. The ideal candidate must be either a native speaker or non-native speaker with an excellent command of English.
This is what we’re about:
We’re a community platform and publisher. We offer financial writers and vloggers the potential to connect with a wider readership and audience. Authors can publish their articles on our website, thereby offering subscribers the chance to look into their crystal ball. They can also air their economic concerns via our daily newsletter or broadcast their stock market forecasts via video.
You might be thinking, “that’s nice…but what’s in it for me?”
This is what you would be doing:
Let’s say that one of our authors just published an analysis (it happens a lot). It’s full of nice colorful charts, economic jargon, some talk about inflation, the price of gold rising and falling - you get the drift. But to most readers it’ll appear as just more economic and technical gobbledygook.
Don’t get us wrong. Our authors produce stellar works that are immensely helpful. There are many smart people out there who will crunch these numbers for breakfast, and when that bell rings on the New York Stock Exchange, you can bet that they’ll be making use of our hard work.
But there are other smart people out there who have a passionate interest in our topics and a craving to learn more, however, they don’t want to look at complex charts, graphs, and Fibonacci sequences. They want their information served quick and plain. To the point.
You, dear writer, will be making these analyses more digestible. You have to take that article or vlog and squeeze the essence out of it. Your articles are meant to drive eyeballs to our platform and would be published and distributed on websites like Yahoo Finance and Medium.
You must have:
- Native or near-native knowledge of English.
- Your mastery of English should be sprinkled with a nuanced understanding of North American culture and lingo. Most of our clients are in the United States.
- A journalism or writing background. We don’t expect you to have won a Pulitzer, but you must be crafty with words and have strong research skills.
- The ability to take chunks of text written by a financial author for a niche market, and make them more understandable and palatable to a wider readership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A knowledge of or interest in trending investment, financial, or political topics.
- A good understanding of how SEO works and being able to create texts that have SEO compatibility in mind.
- The ability to generate eye-catching headlines and teasers.
Have you checked off all of the above? If so, read on, because you also need to:
- Have the ability to multitask articles. Some articles may take you a few days to write. That’s fine. Others may be shorter and should be published faster.
- Pay attention to detail, work structure, and deadlines.
- Set priorities and organize your workload while working independently.
- Be an independent thinker and take initiative (i.e., extreme ownership).
- Have a working knowledge of popular writing and productivity software (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Slack, Notion, etc.)
- Have an optimistic outlook and a good sense of humor (much required in our industry).
We’re offering you:
- Remote/mobile working.
- Flexible working hours (you decide which and how many articles you write about).
- Opportunity for bonuses.
- A supportive community of genuinely friendly people.
- A working environment in which you and your work/life satisfaction matter most.
We’ve shed corporate drudgery, but that doesn’t mean no work and all play. You’ll be setting goals for yourself and applying the 20/80 rule.
Ok, sign me up! What do I need to do?
Send us a letter and tell us about yourself and why you think you’d be an awesome fit for this position. Be creative and be concise.
Additionally, please reply to the following questions in your letter:
- What is your journalism/writing experience?
- We all need to get paid, so what do you think you’re worth?
- When can you begin?
- What books have you read recently?
- Do you have a bit of a rebel in you?
If you feel like you have what it takes, then make a move!
- Hours to be determinedHourly
- 6+ monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Ongoing projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 10 to 15Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.10 to 15
- 19 hours agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.19 hours ago
- 0Invites sent0
- 0Unanswered invites0
About the clientMember since Apr 28, 2009
- Poland Sopot 9:24 am
314 jobs posted
30% hire rate, 4 open jobs
total spent 128 hires, 13 active
avg hourly rate paid
Finance & Accounting
Mid-sized company (10-99 people)
- Member since Apr 28, 2009
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.