- Train our team in database advanced topics
- Improve performance of our database models/queries
We will provide full examples of problematic use cases we have, and we expect applicants to either provide training on how our team can address them internally or research and implement possible solutions.
We will go through each topic sequentially and discuss the best approaches for each.
Expected contribuition scope:
- [TRAINING] Latency inconsistency between query executions
- [TRAINING] How to properly read database query plans
- [TRAINING] Different impact of JOIN types on our application performance
- [TRAINING] Types of indexes and best use-case for each one (and apply to some our our use-cases)
- [TRAINING] Slow indexes
- [IMPLEMENTATION|TRAINING] Partition management OR Physical Data Separation
- [TRAINING] When should we use it?
- [TRAINING] How to do it?
- [TRAINING] PROS & CONS
- [TRAINING] How to apply it to our use-case
- [TRAINING] When to use CTE (materialized or not) vs NON CTE vs Temporary Table
- [TRAINING] Impact of Dead Tuples on our database & Autovacuum
- [IMPLEMENTATION] Performant distance between binary BLOBs
- [OPTIMIZATIONS] How to improve slow queries
Our application requirements. We require serving data fast on our UI while still supporting a few UI filters. We're looking for improvements that can include:
- Pre-computing data using materialized views or similar techniques
- Improving existing queries by changing their logic or improving DB structure (indices, statistics, ...)
- Identifying and improving deeper limitations in our table structure
- Less than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 1-3 monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Ongoing projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 10 to 15Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.10 to 15
- 8 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.8 days ago
- 6Invites sent6
- 0Unanswered invites0
About the clientMember since Aug 30, 2019
- Portugal Porto 1:07 pm
56 jobs posted
100% hire rate, 2 open jobs
total spent 185 hires, 76 active
avg hourly rate paid
- Large company (100-1,000 people)
- Member since Aug 30, 2019
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.
- QA for test automation Hourly