Tenure: Minimum 6-month full-time contract to build 4 consecutive e-com sites. Strong possibility for the correct candidate for ongoing full-time employment.
Applicant Time Zone: AEST (+/- 5 hours). Must be working and available at least 4 hours per day Monday to Friday during AEST business hours of 8am to 4pm.
Location: Fully Remote
We are an e-commerce business and have been operating in Australia and New Zealand for the past 10 years. The majority of our business model is online, and we are therefore looking for an experienced and efficient WordPress Developer to build 5 consecutive ECOM websites. The first website is 100% designed and ready to build now.
At a high level we import, distribute, and dropship products. Additionally, we have a fast-growing SEO article writing business where we have clients that also require website builds and improvements. This is in addition to the build requirement mentioned above.
We are a collaborate and energetic team and have enjoyed long staff tenure for many years. We are keen to onboard a likeminded person who is driven to succeed and take ownership of our web development space.
For you to be successful in this role you must fulfil the following expectations:
Key Responsibilities of the Role
• Design of the new sites is already prepared. Implement with a sales and SEO focus in a timely manner
• Use plug ins as opposed to customised code wherever possible.
• Build sites in a uniform manner. Same URL structure, plug ins, hosting, security etc
• Ensure sites are fast without redundant code and plugins. Media cached etc
• Ensuring existing websites are continually and optimally maintained alleviating any downtime
• Ensure websites are protected from security vulnerabilities
• Maintain existing sites in a timely manner. Maximum response and service delivery timeframe by agreement.
• Monitor website performance and conduct website performance tests.
• Assist our customers with maintenance and rebuilds of their sites
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 4 years full time prior experience in WordPress development, skilled with Elementor
• Self-motivated and can work independently
• Fast, reliable and skilled
• Confident to ask questions to ensure communication and instructions are clear
• English proficiency both written and spoken
• Ability to work cross-functionally with designers, business developers, and marketing partners
• SEO and sales mindset
• Shared screen webcam availability
• Remote monitoring software supplied and used whenever working
Next steps after Application
• Sit and pass a 40 min multiple choice test.
• Interview following test
• 2 x verbal customer references from a previous Manager
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application.
- More than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 6+ monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Complex projectProject Type
Skills and Expertise
Activity on this job
- 10 to 15Proposals
This range includes relevant proposals, but does not include proposals that are withdrawn, declined, or archived. Please note that all proposals are accessible to clients on their applicants page.10 to 15
- 19 days agoLast viewed by client
This is when the client last reviewed or interacted with the applicants for this job.19 days ago
- 0Invites sent0
- 0Unanswered invites0
About the clientMember since Jul 10, 2022
- Australia 4:53 pm
13 jobs posted
0% hire rate, 9 open jobs
- Mid-sized company (10-99 people)
- Member since Jul 10, 2022
Explore similar jobs on Upwork
How it works
Highlight your skills and experience, show your portfolio, and set your ideal pay rate.
Apply for jobs, create easy-to-by projects, or access exclusive opportunities that come to you.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely.
Find the best freelance jobs
Growing your career is as easy as creating a free profile and finding work like this that fits your skills.