Check out a sample of the 5,375 Python jobs posted on Upwork
I need to translate coding from Expert Advisors I have on MetaTrader4 and make them compatible for use on another platform. MetaTrader4…
I want to implement a 3D tictactoe game I have a Python code that does that but I am some implementations I am looking to add I am hopi…
Hi, I am looking for someone to build an automated outreach system that combines scraping data sources, google news sites, online publ…
Use app.zerve.ai for standard Data Science workflows and normal use cases of your choosing like you would a Juypter Notebook and post y…
I wrote a few spiders that scrape some popular real estate sites. I'm using OxyLabs proxy to avoid rate limiting. They work perfectly o…
I have fastapi python application which fetches messages from topic which is failing intermittently. Also, need to upgrade the external…
Less than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months
Have you experience in on prem Business Central, its licensing, deployment and upgrades? Share your experience in Business Central d…
i want to create a bot so whenever there is a new product in a link on amazon i receive a notification that is going to pop up on my s…
Prototype Developer and Programmer for Innovative Indicator Device We seek a highly skilled and innovative engineer/programmer to devel…
How to Become a Freelance Python Developer
Python is a popular programming language that emphasizes code readability and uses an object-oriented approach designed to help programmers write clear, logical codes for both large and small projects. If you have the ability to code using Python or are interested in learning Python, you might have what it takes to become a freelance Python developer on Upwork. Learning Python typically takes less time than learning other programming languages, as it has a straightforward syntax.
What does a freelance Python developer do?
Python developers are responsible for coding, designing, deploying, and debugging development projects. They're tasked with developing back-end components, connecting applications with third-party web-based services, working with front-end developers to integrate full-stack projects, and much more.
Python developers work on projects involving web development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile applications, and more. Because it’s a general-purpose programming language, Python developers are in high demand.
What skills do I need to become a freelance Python developer?
A number of skills are common among Python developers, including:
- Knowledge of and applicable experience programming in Python
- A comprehensive knowledge of object-relational mapping
- Understanding of server-side logic
- Knowledge of front-end technologies and web frameworks
- Understanding of data structure and algorithms
- Experience with data science (SQL, data visualization, and statistics)
- Knowledge of SciPy, NumPy, and pandas
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other developers
- Comprehensive skills related to debugging and unit testing
What are the core freelance Python developer job responsibilities?
Clients may deploy freelance Python developers across multiple projects. Python is used in a variety of industries including web development, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and application development. While each project might have its own set of objectives, freelance Python developers on Upwork typically are required to provide the following services:
- Write scalable code using Core Python programming language
- Collaborate and coordinate with development teams to set application requirements
- Test and debug web applications
- Develop and test back-end components
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Collaborate and coordinate with front-end developers
- Develop and incorporate tools designed to monitor online traffic
- Assess and reprogram, if necessary, databases to improve functionality
Should I get a degree or certification in Python?
Examples of popular degrees or certifications suitable for freelance Python developers include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information from an accredited university
- Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP)—offered by the Python Institute
- Certified Professional in Python Programming (PCPP)—offered by the Python Institute
Jump-start your freelance Python developer career on Upwork and start looking for your first job. Eager to learn more about freelance Python developer jobs on Upwork? Check out these additional resources:
Upwork is not affiliated with and does not sponsor or endorse any of the tools or services discussed in this section. These tools and services are provided only as potential options, and each reader and company should take the time needed to adequately analyse and determine the tools or services that would best fit their specific needs and situation.
Your next job starts right here
Set up a free profile to showcase your skills, experience and desired pay rate to clients. You choose the payment method that's best for you to easily get paid for your work.Find work
Gives you security and peace of mind