Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Hugo Fabricio Silva Machado, I am a Brazilian Mechanical Engineer, but I speak English fluently. I graduated from a top 10 level University and I was sponsored by the Government at Federal Fluminense University.
My profile contains some of the designs I have made in the past that provides some information about my proficiency and mastery in designing 3D Models and 2D Technical drawings.
DESIGNER | FFU | JULY 2012 – JULY 2016 | BAJA SAE PROJECT
I started designing mechanical components in 2014 in campus while working to an Undergraduate Performance Team created by the International Association of Automotive Engineers (SAE International). All designs where presented in competitions meeting the standards and criteria stablished and regulated by SAE International
- Designing and manufacturing the 5 prototype's (cars) Suspension System, and Powertrain and conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA) according to Von Mise's criteria and also fatigue tests on all designed components to guarantee performance and longevity under cyclic stress conditions;
- Managing and acquiring vibrational, noise, torque, and fuel consumption, in order to set up the prototype's engine configuration and analyzing it's vibrational spectrum and finding weak points on the engine block to later design motor mounts capable of absorbing desired frequency ranges;
- Leader on training new members on usage tools and machinery operation for the Mechanical Technology Lab, planning and managing project tasks certificating availability of resources for manufacturing and quality of manufactured parts;
- Head coach of subsequent teams during their respective work seasons assisting members to achieve preset goals and expected results established prior to their current season, and also assuring that all knowledge is being passed from the last team to the next.
Today, I am capable of designing machinery and any mechanical devices and running Finite Element Analysis to certify fully function standalone components under given stress conditions and can also function/work dynamically integrated to machines, and systems from any engineering.
3D Modeling, Technical 2D Drawings, FEA Analysis
SolidWorks, Ansys, AutoCAD
TECHNICAL TRAINEE | DNV GL
Certification of Local Content and Verification of Materials and Components
Here are some of the activities I have done while working for DNV GL:
- Monitoring of non-destructive testing;
- Familiarization with certification of engineering projects to international and local standards, rules,
- Analysis of 3D models and calculation log, in order to confirm design compliance to standards and
rules for certification purposes, this task executing Finite Element Analysis to Solidworks models;
- Interpreting technical documentation, such as technical drawings, specifications, procedures and
- Familiarization and participation in Local Content Certification activities;
- Familiarization and participation in Materials and Components Verification activities such as the
preparation of commercial and technical proposals defining the project scope, estimated cost,
deliveries and other terms and conditions;
- Development and customization of tools using VBA programming in Excel for automated
preparation and issuance of technical and commercial proposals;
- Assistance in inspections of subsea equipment, materials and components for fixed platforms and
Inside DNV GL I worked in the development and customization team of VBA in Excel for automated issuance of technical and commercial proposals for the company. I deeply understand software's formulas, algorithms and programming techniques. When it comes to developing new techniques, I can fluently learn and easily apply them reliably based on the knowledge I already have. I am very creative, and make sure I say that, because when the subject is VBA, creativity for problem solving is a must. New ideas and solutions have to emerge consistently in order to adapt any type of data processing and maximize the potential of all available Excel's tools, functions, and automating routines. In fact, that is the reason why I love working with VBA in general.
Attained Excel Skills:
I mastered Excel VBA programming, macros, data cleansing, data extraction, automating and mathematical function like LOOKUP, VLOOKUP, VLOOKUP-MATCH, HLOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH, INDEX & MATCH with multiple criteria, IF & IFS, IFERROR & IFNA, Wildcards, Logical Operators, AND & OR, COUNTIF, SUMIF, AVERAGEIF, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS, SUMPRODUCT, etc.