English is more than just one language - let's find the language that is perfect for your project. I am a multi-skilled, creative writer with a background in journalism, local government communications and event planning. My writing background covers everything from crafting warm leisure reading to drafting legal documents and acts of sale. SEO-driven articles, Wikipedia pages, and personal bios are all personal specialties. I began writing cover stories for publication when I was 19, and am proud to have completed a B.S. in Urban Studies & Planning at the University of New Orleans in 2021. I am excited to bring my unique writing, editing and proofreading abilities back to the world of freelancing.
Here are just a few roles in which I have successfully applied my writing talents over the past 15 years:
- Writer, editor, proofreader and communications specialist for a county-level government office (Department of Community Development), with duties also including advertising and selling suburban real estate, communicating with partners and contractors, assembling RFPs/RFQs, and drafting ordinances (paid internship, 2021-2022)
- Writing freelance promotional previews, feature articles and interviews (200-3000 words) for a local jazz nonprofit organization and magazine (2009-2014)
- Planning, coordinating and promoting successful community events, concerts and fundraisers with attendance rates of 100-300 people (2012-present)
- Booking, promoting, and managing tours (10-30 days long, shows nightly), local performances, online/social media presence, recording dates and album releases for up and coming bands (2012-2019)
- Coordinating and participating in natural disaster relief efforts, including supplies distribution, volunteer training, and debris clearance (2017-present)
These roles might all sound totally different, but they're more similar than you might expect. Each one of them relies on the same process - understanding your audience and your partners, setting realistic goals based on acute specifications, and delivering a flawless piece of writing that facilitates those goals to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
I would love to help you navigate this process in your own writing project. In today's world of diverse, rapidly evolving dialects, the first step is often the hardest. Understanding who you are writing to and the best way to communicate with them - vocabulary, format, casual or professional, brief or detailed, etc. - is the foundation of expert communication and determines every decision that comes next. I can help you build the written connection you are looking for in all of these settings, and I look forward to helping you achieve your project's goals.