The Timelog is a summary of all the payments and work that took place during the week. You can select the week you want to look at in the date-bar across the top. The Timelogs correspond to the oDesk work week; all times are shown in UTC.
- A summary list of contracts and earnings for the week. This table includes all types of payments.
- Adjustments - details (including comments and amounts) for bonus, upfront and milestone payments.
- Fixed-Price Contracts - details of fixed-price contracts ended during the week.
- Hourly Detail - hours worked per contractor, per day, per contract linked to the contractors' Work Diaries.
- Lists of the contractors' memos (also linked to the contractors' Work Diaries).
The Timelog stays up-to-date with online hours logged almost instantly, so it's a great place see a quick snapshot of the week in progress. Offline hours can take up to 24 hours to post. Time over the weekly limit is not included in the Timelog because it isn't billed to the employer. For the same reason, the report only shows time logged in association with an hourly contract (hours in fixed-price, colleague and manager Work Diaries are excluded).
You can download your Timelogs in PDF format. Just click the link in the top-right of the page (just above the date-bar).
Agency contractors do not see rates on their Timelogs.
The Timelog is one way for employers to see an overview of their teams' activity for the week. It's the only report that includes fixed-price contracts. It's also useful as a weekly billing summary (many employers download their Timelogs for their financial records). For a more feature-rich report, please use TimeAnalyze.
The Timelog is the simplest way for a contractor to see an overview of all their activity for the week. It's also useful as a weekly earnings summary (many contractors download their Timelogs for their financial records). For a more feature-rich report, please use TimeAnalyze.
There are two cases when the Timelog may not match the Work Diary:
- The contractor has made manual changes to the Work Diary (deleting or adding time). It can take up to a day for manual changes to be reflected on the Timelog. Hours logged with the oDesk Team application should be reflected almost immediately.
- The contractor has logged time over the weekly limit. Only billable hours appear on Timelogs.