10+ years of experience in Linux systems administration in the fields of web hosting and cloud services, results-driven with diverse information technology experience emphasizing cross-platform systems and network architecture. A passionate technologist with a strong desire for personal growth. Automation enthusiast with strong scripting skills. Skilled problem identifier, and troubleshooter, comfortable managing systems, projects, and teams in a range of IT environments.
- Linux Administration and Troubleshooting: Demonstrated solid skill in configuring and managing Linux servers for various services such as Web, Databases, Email, File Servers, etc. A keen eye for troubleshooting and extensive knowledge of how systems work including networking, DNS, Databases, and Email.
- Designing Technical Architecture: Designed systems to satisfy customer requirements on top of well‐known open-source stacks and cloud service providers. Advised on best-recommended architectures for performance, agility, and cost optimization. Helped customers create, maintain, and operate stacks on different platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Web Hosting: Worked extensively with web hosting stacks on Linux, including Apache, NGINX, MySQL, cPanel, Plesk, and CloudLinux. Demonstrated a deep understanding of optimizing services for performance and security. Helped customers troubleshoot and resolve common and advanced issues..
- Configuration Management: Written and maintained Ansible Playbooks to automate server configuration, well versed with Terraform and Packer for provisioning cloud resources. An advocate for Infrastructure‐as‐Code practices. Helped development teams to design and implement CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, and GitHub Actions.
- Monitoring and Logging: Designed and implemented monitoring and logging infrastructure for multiple projects, small and large. Solid experience with Prometheus, Grafana, and Zabbix for monitoring, Graylog for log aggregation, enrichment, and analysis, and AlertManager and OpeGenie for alerting and escalation.
- Docker and Kubernetes: Proficient use of Docker for building and deploying containerized applications, writing Dockerfiles, and maintaining docker images for various applications. Built and deployed applications at scale using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. Provided technical expertise in troubleshooting and optimizing docker images.
- Programming and Scripting: Proficient in developing with Python programming language to create tools to improve teams' workflow including custom dashboards, automation scripts, command‐line tools, and GUI utilities. Working knowledge of Bash scripting language for quick‐hacks and one‐off scripts.
- Technical Writing: Does not shy from writing in technical subjects with proficiency, maintains organized and accurate documentation, and shares technical knowledge in terms of How‐To and Troubleshooting articles regularly. Well-versed in proper electronic document formatting. Working knowledge of using LaTeX and Markdown.