I am a writer and editor, with over 25 years’ experience in physical and online publishing, editorial, journalism, as well as team and project leadership.
I have edited over 50 books, some of which have become best-sellers in their field. This has included genre fiction, non-fiction, literary fiction and poetry.
I am a publisher and run a publishing house in Scotland, producing 12 to 14 new books each year. I am familiar with all aspects of publishing and book production, including trends and how best to approach agents. I can help you with query letters, opening chapters, synopses and blurb for any type of book.
If you are looking for developmental help with a writing project, I can certainly offer the best support you will find. This could mean editorial, or help with any aspect of submissions.
I have four years’ experience as a staff writer on a national newspaper; I am the author of nine books and the publisher of fifty six books, some of which have also become best-sellers.
Since 2001 I have written nine books, and undertaken editorial for two dozen further books, all of which have seen publication.
Since 2020 I have managed a publishing house with four part time staff and published four dozen titles. This process has included global bibliographic data, and the use of global databases, editorial; typesetting and marketing using publishing software; as well as all aspects of book production and training of young publishers. Several of these books have become best-sellers and been nominated for national prizes in their fields, including in crime fiction, poetry, and non-fiction.
Since 2006 I have managed an online financial services introducing company called LGBT MONEY. This has included staff management, team leadership, web development and publication, SEO, marketing, brand direction and client management ― both financial services clients and the client public.
From 2004 to 2008 I was a writer in Books / Arts for the newspaper Scotland on Sunday. This included weekly book reviews; arts news and commentary; and theatre reviews.
• Create, write, edit and publish documents, according to standard processes and procedures, including quality control
• Provide written English and editorial in English in any commercial and artistic field, to the absolute highest of standards
• Publish marketing, literary, educational and informational copy, ensuring it meets compliance standards
• Publish content to global websites using any content management system
• Update websites, ensuring dates are accurate, content is current and ensure deliverables meet business objectives
• Ensure websites and other publications meet accessibility standards and in-house usability standards
• I am organised and detail-oriented, with superior data entry and quality control skills
• I have fluent web editing skills (content management systems, browser software and testing) with knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, accessibility, SEO, and server environments
• Experience of document management systems
• Experience of editing and proof-reading content
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work with both large and smaller teams
• I am flexible, and collaborative
• I am results driven and passionate about high-quality writing, editorial and copy
• Flexibility to work global hours ― such as aligning with various time zones ― if needed.