How to hire copywriters
Want to succeed in a digital marketplace? Content is king. Your ability to tell stories and inform potential customers of the advantages of your products or services is key. A copywriter can create blog posts, white papers, and other text that give your brand its voice.
What is copywriting?
Copywriting is the art of producing sales copy designed to get a reader to take a specific action. From case studies highlighting the successes of work performed for clients, to long-form sales pages that eliminate pain points standing in the way of a customer purchase, copywriters help businesses generate marketing collateral.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in freelance copywriters:
Copywriting consultants use persuasive writing to help brands connect with their target market.
How to shortlist freelance copywriters
As you’re browsing available copywriting consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a copywriter who understands your industry and target market whether it’s B2B or B2C, so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Organization. Experience monitoring and analyzing marketing programs
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular copywriter.
Why do you want to hire copywriters?
The trick to finding top copywriters is to identify your needs. Are you looking to write B2B copy for an automated email marketing campaign? Or are you looking for someone to make the most of the 280 characters you are given on Twitter? The cost of your copywriting project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective copywriting job post
With a clear picture of your ideal copywriter in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective copywriting job post should include:
- Scope of work: From web pages to whitepapers, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create copy that will help you maximize the effectiveness of your marketing campaign? Log in and post your copywriting job on Upwork today.