My name is Lauren Lake and I’m a direct response copywriter based out of Columbia, Maryland. Thank you for your consideration of my copywriting services for your business!
I specialize in writing:
I know that most business owners are interested in experience and background. Here’s how you know you can rely on me for high-quality copy and high-converting results:
I have a background in Graphic Communications, Journalism, and Psychology. Recently, I worked as a freelance Psychology & Counseling Writer for a Content Marketing Company.
I went from my previous career to direct response copywriting because of my love for writing. I am able to transfer my skills in communications, marketing, and psychology to copywriting projects.
Currently, I am transitioning my writing skills to direct response copywriting and continuing to work with my writing coach, Ning Li (former copy chief of PaleoHacks, a multi-million dollar cookbook company, who has coached over 400 students).
You can check out my linked portfolio samples below to see some of my writing.
I use a “checkpoint system” to ensure you get the copy you want and are not surprised by a deliverable that came out of left field. Essentially, my process looks like this:
• Get any details, documents, and data regarding the project from you.
• I’ll do research on the demographic, competing products, and your product’s unique selling point.
• I’ll come up with a plan for the copy and what I want to write, and show it to you. We can discuss it together. If you like the plan, I’ll go ahead and get started. If you don’t like it, we’ll chat about why or why not, and what you want instead, and I’ll come up with a different plan.
• Once you okay the plan, I’ll move forward and write a draft.
• You’ll review the draft and we’ll do a revision or two.
• You’ll receive the final deliverable.
This checkpoint system ensures you get exactly what you want with your copy, and you don’t get surprised out of left field.
You can rest assured I hit deadlines. I will communicate throughout the project so you don’t get left in the dark. And I will do my absolute best to write you copy that makes sales.
That being said, here’s a little about me:
I’m an all-around Master of Communication — through visuals and written expression, and within interpersonal challenges. I love studying people and what motivates them. My professional background may be eclectic, but it all speaks to one theme: learning, understanding, and communicating to people. When I’m not writing copy, I enjoy brewing homemade wines, growing my herb garden, tasting cupcakes, and weight training.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile and to consider my services. If you’re interested in hiring me to write some copy for you, send me a message and let’s talk!