I am a Paralegal with a full spectrum of contract management experience and expertise in reviewing, editing and drafting contracts.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management from a private University in Northwest Ohio.
I earned a Certificate in Paralegal Studies from a public University in Atlanta, Georgia whose program is among a select few legal programs approved by the American Bar Association (ABA). I graduated with honors and a 4.0 GPA.
While earning my paralegal certificate I worked full-time on a $138M construction project where I would become familiar with construction agreements, architect agreements, consulting agreements and allied services agreements. I was instrumental in identifying project expenses valued at $65K that were outside the scope of the General Contractor's contract terms. In addition, I saved the project $24K by negotiating a temporary one-year apartment lease agreement for medical residents while residents’ quarters were under construction. At the conclusion of the three-year construction project I was hired by the organization’s Legal Department as a Paralegal/Contract Administrator.
In my dual capacity as Paralegal/Contract Administrator I continued to expand my contracts knowledge and expertise. As a Paralegal I was first point of contract review and edits. I would draft contracts, amendments, addenda and contract templates. I developed and managed a library of contract templates and clauses. I had authority to negotiate certain contract terms during the contract review process. I reviewed on average 1100 contracts per year for a myriad of products, services and equipment. Through this nine and half years of work experience I would become a subject matter expert in the interpretation of contractual terms and end-user obligations. As a Contract Administrator I managed the contracts life-cycle from submission, review, negotiations, signing through to repository filing all while front-facing with stakeholders answering contract questions and providing guidance on the contract process.
As a Contracts Renewal Specialist on a short-term contract with an International Franchisor I was able to reduce the backlog of expired franchise agreements from 71% to 27% for one of its U.S. brands by renewing expired contracts within 90-days. As a result of my accuracy, efficiency, timeliness and overall exemplary work performance I was pursued and offered a Franchise Deals Specialist position for its Canadian Division.
While I was unaware when hired as a Franchise Deals Specialist that there was a legal disagreement ongoing for two-years between the Franchisor and Franchisees of two of its major brands in Canada and Franchisees were refraining from signing renewal agreements, with support from Canadian business partners, I would renew 80% of the Canadian contracts despite the challenge in addition to a 95% contracts renewal rate for an assigned group of U.S. Franchisees.
In addition, the Canadian franchise data and work processes had not been fully integrated at the corporate level. I would transfer 90% of the Canadian data from a microfiche platform to the corporate Franchise Information Management (FIM) database.
If you are in need of a Contracts Specialist/Contracts Administrator or Contracts Manager for a short-term or long-term assignment, I can provide the following services:
• Contract review/editing/drafting
• Contracts Workflow Management
• Data Research
• Data Migration & Integration
• Data Audit
• Data Entry
Software Applications Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, DocuSign, ProCore, Cobblestone CMS, Franchise Information System (FIM), CORE
I offer contract review services, too. If any of the following questions resonate with you then you may need my contract review services.
• Who did I enter into a contract with?
• How do I know if my contract is still in force?
• What is the effective date and expiration date of my contract?
• What is the difference between a contract and an agreement?
• Can I terminate my contact before its expiration date?
• How can changes be made to an existing written contract?
• Does my contract have an exclusivity clause? if so, what does it mean?
• Does my contract contain a non-compete clause, if so, what does it mean?
• Is a contract still valid if I continue to do business with the third party after the expiration?
What are the benefits of a first review of your contracts? It can help:
• Determine if the contract serves your needs and your best interests;
• Provide you good questions of inquiry for your legal counsel;
• Potentially reduce attorney review turn-around-time and save you money; and
• Faster signing of your contracts for projects, goods and/or services you need to operate