My strengths are English/Malay language proficiency, writing, Word/Excel/Powerpoint, project management, communication, research, drive, integrity, time management and creativity.
One of my strengths is project management and working within the time frame allocated. I was the key person for the publication of annual reports for Company X. These assignments came with a set of time and a strict deadline for the report to be published on the exchange’s website and mailed to the shareholders. As annual reports are highly regulated documents, we had to ensure not to violate any of the rules and regulations set out by the statutory body governing it. The projects involved both internal and external stakeholders and were therefore required very delicate handling so as to meet the deadline without any hiccups.
My working experience spans 22 years in human resources, academia, diplomacy, marketing and corporate communication. Each came with its own unique learning experiences which have made me more all-rounded and present. Here are some of the key responsibilities I held over the years:
• Managed the newly set up Corporate Communication Department after a corporate restructuring exercise, mainly in stakeholder and investor-related matters
• Managed product branding and communication, organized events and promotions for brand awareness
• Oversaw the day-to-day management of the Brunei & Timor Leste Desks on bilateral issues at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia
• Coordinated education and training programmes for MSc and Research Doctorates
• Designed Communication English programme using integrated learning system for certificate level students and taught Technical English for Diploma level students
• Implemented corporate strategies and Human Resource new policies and procedures for Company X.
I would like to offer the following services to potential clients: English/Malay translation, transcription, subtitling, voice over, writing, editing and proofreading. Though these may be a little too general and not specific, I would be interested in taking up jobs that require the proficiency of the English and Malay languages as the bottom line.
Depending on the type of job offered, I am happy to commit to short or long-term projects which offer the flexibility of working from home. The jobs can range from simple copywriting to the more intricate pieces like journal articles as I have written official reports on shipbuilding/ship repair, aerospace, rail and Industry 4.0. I also had an article published in 2017 on ‘A Review on the Concept of Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Government’s Initiatives to Promote it among Youths in Malaysia’ when I was completing my master's.
I would like to share my English/Malay language proficiency in a way that can help to grow the business of prospective clients. If there is one lesson that the Covid-19 pandemic has taught me, instead of closing the borders to contain the virus, it has in fact opened up the world and blurred the boundaries even more through online platforms. With this, businesses were pushed to engage in practical and creative ways to reach their customers. Having a clear product and service presentation in the market will translate into earnings for the bottom line. Hence, I am positive of my ability to contribute to clients’ growth through my English/Malay language skills.
I look forward to working with you!