1. Extensive full stack software engineering background.
2. Broad experience building cloud architectures on GCP.
3. Can solve just about any problem and build just about anything.
I started as a full stack software developer in the 2000s and then spent some time doing patent law with a focus on computer-related inventions. Since then, I've done a variety of contract and full-time work, primarily focused on cloud-based full stack software engineering and architectures. But you don't have time to read a novel about my weird background and I don't have time to write one, so let's get to what I can do for you:
1. Design a scalable, robust, cloud-based architecture for most common use cases.
2. Implement the architecture using a wide variety of tools chosen to fit your specific scenario.
3. Switch between writing high quality, fully tested, clean code or throwing together a quick and dirty prototype as the situation requires.
4. Solve difficult problems.
Things I can do but probably should not be your first choice for:
1. Wholly frontend or devops work.
2. Managing people.
3. Machine learning (data engineering is okay!)
Things I will take a pay cut to work on:
1. High performance architectures
Things I won't do:
1. Be your CTO.
2. Work for equity.
3. Data science
At this point in my career, I've touched enough technologies that I don't think I can adequately summarize everything and I know that you probably have something specific in mind. If that's the case, feel free to just shoot me a message with what you need and I can tell you whether I'm a good fit or not. Otherwise, continue for a non-complete list of things I'm comfortable working with (even if not an expert at).
2. Primary focus on NodeJS and Python backends, but experienced with Spring Boot; less so with Rails.
3. Experience with React, Angular, and Vue frontend frameworks.
4. Extensive data architecture design experience and experience with a variety of databases, including Postgresql, MySQL, MongoDB, Firestore, Neo4j, BigQuery, Elasticsearch.
5. Experience with most major GCP products (Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, Compute Engine, Pub/Sub, etc.) and, perhaps more importantly, experience evaluating the numerous offerings available.
6. Past experience with AWS, with some transferable skills based on my GCP experience.
7. Experience building microservice architectures, particularly using GCP's serverless offerings.
8. Experience Dockerizing services for various uses, including production deployments.
9. CI/CD pipelines using Github Workflows and application-specific testing suites.
10. High-volume data processing and data analytics and ETL processes.
11. Basic Kubernetes infrastructure use and familiarity with more advanced setups.
12. Familiarity with Terraform but limited hands-on experience.
Software Architecture & Design
Google Cloud Platform