Hello and thank you for stopping by!
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
I am Duong, with 10+ years experience in Real Estate Financial Modeling. I have worked at a global real estate agency (as a Senior Financial Analyst) and two multinational real estate developers/ investors (as a Deputy Finance Manager and an Investment Manager). I have built financial models in Excel for 100+ real estate developments (Apartment for Sale, Serviced Apartment, Villa, Hotel, Resort, Office, Retail, etc.) worldwide (USA, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Costa Rica, South Africa, Ethiopia, Myanmar, Vietnam, etc.). And I have graduated from A.CRE Accelerator - the top real estate financial modeling training program in the world.
I collaborate with real estate developers/ agencies/ brokers or business owners to:
- build institutional-quality yet intuitive financial models for their real estate projects, or
- customize relevant A.CRE financial models to suit the particulars of their projects, or
- review and improve their existing real estate financial models if any
A process for our collaboration may be as follows:
1. Understanding about Project Overview and Requirements
2. Estimating Fee and Delivery Time
3. Collaborating on a List of Information for the project
4. Preparing and Delivering the Draft Financial Model
5. Revising and Delivering the Final Financial Model
FEE & DELIVERY TIME:
We can either work on a fixed fee basis or an hourly basis. Currently, my rate is US$80/hour (inclusive of Upwork Fee). For a large-scale ground-up development (Apartment for Sale, Serviced Apartment, Villa, Hotel, Resort, Office, Retail, etc.), the total fee for my work is typically in the range of US$1,000-$5,000, and my delivery time for the draft financial model is typically in the range of 1 week – 5 weeks from receiving your initial feedback on the list of information required for the project.
Please find below a few examples of real estate financial modeling projects that I have completed (for more projects, please refer to the Portfolio section of my Upwork profile):
* USA Mixed-Use Green Neighborhood Development Model: Land size: 20.66 acres | Tentative Development: 900,000 sq ft of net rentable area of residential units, hospitality, retail and office, and 450,000 sq ft of open space (open space %: 50%) | Purpose: to raise funds to build the first zero waste neighborhoods in the US.
* Costa Rica Green Resort Development Model: Land size: 63 ha (headland) | Tentative Development: The vision is to build and operate a high end resort (39 villa keys, 76 residence keys), with villa and condo sales (30 villas, 27 condos). This will include establishing conservation driven programs that will focus on the regeneration of the original forests; a reef to ridge strategy of habitat protection, plus education programs for locals as well as tourists | Purpose: to assess the development plan, inform land price negotiations, and attract potential investors.
* Australia Eco-Village Development Model: Land size: 108.8 ha (mostly farmland and forest) | Tentative Development: 23 co-living residential lots, a macca farm, eco-retreat cabins, local produce shops, co-working hub, solar farm, etc. | Purpose: to present to potential investors to develop one of the world's first fully integrated, self-sufficient and charitable villages.
* A.CRE Apartment Development Model Customization: Customized the Debt section to allow for more loan types and loan details. Customized the Partnership-level Returns section to allow for different types of hurdles. Customized the model to allow for different business scenarios including selling, holding and hybrid.
* A.CRE Land Development Model Customization: Customized the Partnership-level Returns section to allow for a Double Promote (i.e. Co-GPs) structure, for GP Fees (incl. arrangement fee and asset management fee), and for a GP Catch Up clause.
* USA Household Solar Acquisition Model: Examined the financial feasibility of adding solar to properties, taking into account tax benefits through credits and depreciation from these solar projects. The model is used to present to private equity investors.
* Spain Hotel Value-Add Model: Area Schedule: 29 keys with total buildable area of 1,200 m2 for operating scenario | Purpose: to present to banks and potential investors.
* Spain Apartment for Sale Value-Add Model: Area Schedule: 25 units with total buildable area of 1,200 m2 for sales scenario (total saleable area of 1,290 m2) | Purpose: to present to banks and potential investors.
* South Africa Office Development Model: Land size: 30,000 m2 | Tentative Development: 25,000 sqm of office space for a government agency's long-term lease | Purpose: to assess whether and how much the developer should bid for the project.