I have been focused on full stack development with Firebase since 2017. Details are below.
Attached link is to a Flutter chat app, demonstrating a clean UI/UX implementation.
I am looking for good assignments to work on. If my rate is an issue, I am open to discussing it.
Beyond Firebase, I have experience with the following:
- 15+ years full-stack/server-side design & development using NodeJs, Java, PHP
- 5+ years Native Android in Java
- 7+ years Test Automation design & development of test harness architecture using technologies including: Selenium, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, TDD
Firebase backend features demonstrated across projects:
- Firebase User Authentication for the Sign In
- Majority of backend functionality is Google Cloud Functions code that runs on the server
- Architecture where client simply provides the name of the function they want, and the data it requires
- User specific data is stored in the Firebase Firestore "database"; and image content is managed through Firebase Storage
- Security Rules configuration for Firebase Storage because this interaction is typically not handled by cloud functions, but rather directly from the client
- Payment processing is implemented via Paypal-API Express Checkout, and a corresponding backend architecture to support tracking transaction history
March 2017 - Nov. 2017
Deep-dive into writing Firebase client code for/from web browser and Native Java Android clients. Learning how to set up security rules and overcoming the challenges with that.
January 2018 - Nov. 2018
Main site: storylabs.online
Architect and sole developer of core platform. Complete design and development of entire back end architecture using cloud functions, storage, security rules, hosting. The cloud functions architecture is robust with clean well-organized code, effective error handling, and using proven patterns for interacting with the Firebase backend services - such as communicating with Firebase Storage. Web stack front end with JQuery, and backend with Firebase.
PERSONAL FIREBASE PROJECTS
**Links available upon request**
Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2019
Firebase Backend Architecture for Chat App. This was more challenging than expected; thought it would take 6 weeks, but turned out be 12-14 weeks. Learned a lot on this one, built out a lot of good infrastructure to be used in the future.
March 2019 - June 2019
Firebase Backend Architecture for PDF Generator. Front end is a web application to assemble text and image content that will in turn be assembled into a downloadable PDF report.
July 2019 - September 2019
Firebase Backend Architecture for Ad Server. Front end is a web application to put together an ad campaign. Then on Android client, there is a native Android Library module that takes an app-id as input, sends a request of ads list to server, and gets that back to show in the mobile client.
I put great emphasis on quality in implementation and design; it is reflected in the work I produce, a clear communication style, and determination for meeting project release dates.
My background includes:
- requirements analysis to define project scope
- tracking & maintaining steady progress
- working well in a distributed team environment and across the enterprise
- leveraging coordination efforts to produce solid high-quality code that fulfills project requirements
- as needed, organizing efficient processes/methodology for various stages in the development life cycle
- effective day-to-day knowledge-transfer (voice, screen shots, screen casts, wikis, etc)
May 2016 - May 2017 - Native Android Developer, at mobile app company (100 employees)
Android development for multiple financial-sector customer apps. Implemented UI/UX using best practices around the MVP & Repository design patterns. APIs include: Dagger2, XML DataBinding, RetroFit/OkHttp.
September 2014 - March 2015 - Web & Mobile Test-Automation Engineer
Built Selenium tool suite & back-end infrastructure. Re-purposed Selenium tools to work with Appium Android testing. VPS hosting/setup deployment w/Digital Ocean. Wrote Android promotion-app for music artists
January 2013 – January 2014 - Java/Web Developer & Android Instructor
December 2011 – June 2012 - Software Engineer, at Cisco
PHP/.JS development with MediaX group. Extended internal UI/REST framework. Refactored stack to use CodeIgniter, Smarty, jQuery. Did R&D, docs, & training for Selenium PHP/Java test infrastructure, with TDD