What is a lead generation specialist?
The increasingly competitive environment across multiple commercial segments means the ability to attract and secure new clients is at a premium. A lead generation specialist can help your company identify and capture prospects for your sales funnel through a variety of methods including cold calling, pay-per-click ads, email, and content marketing.
How do you hire a lead generation specialist?
You can source lead generation talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a lead generation specialist.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview lead generation specialists. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of lead generation specialist you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a lead generation specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced lead generation specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their lead generation services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by lead generation specialists on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $6 per hour
- Intermediate: $11 per hour
- Advanced: $57 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a lead generation specialist job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample lead generation specialist job post titles:
- Need lead generation specialists for outbound calling to support sales team
- Growing company needs a lead generation specialist to maximize social media sales funnel
- Need expert to develop/implement lead magnets within marketing automation campaigns
An effective lead generation specialist job post should include:
- Scope of work: From cold calling to establishing marketing automation campaigns, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or approaches, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Lead generation specialist job responsibilities
Here are some examples of lead generation specialist job responsibilities:
- Develop marketing automation campaigns in HubSpot to grow lead generation.
- Convert target audience into prospects via cold calling appointment setting.
- Leverage company’s social media presence to drive traffic to landing pages.
Lead generation specialist job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a lead generation specialist. Here are some examples:
- Experience building campaigns in HubSpot, Marketo, or equivalent
- Experience developing and managing a sales funnel
- High comfort level engaging audience through social media platforms and directing them to specific product pages
- Able to build marketing automation campaigns in a fast-moving environment