HOW TO HIRE MARKETING AUTOMATION SPECIALISTS
Marketing automation specialists can use software to automate many of the repetitive tasks associated with marketing a product or service.
So how do you hire marketing automation specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top marketing automation specialists on Upwork.
What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is the practice of using software to automate common marketing tasks such as writing personalized emails or pulling data from multiple marketing channels.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in marketing automation freelancers:
- Marketing automation, analytics, and strategy
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Marketing automation tools such as HubSpot
How to shortlist marketing automation freelancers
As you’re browsing available marketing automation consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a marketing automation specialist who understands the tools and platforms behind your marketing efforts so they can figure out how to automate them.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., running an email marketing campaign with Mailchimp).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular marketing automation specialist.
Why do you want to hire marketing automation specialists?
The trick to finding top marketing automation specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create targeted email templates to use as autoresponders? Do you need help programmatically pulling analytics feeds from multiple social media channels? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective marketing automation job post
With a clear picture of your ideal marketing automation specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective marketing automation job post should include:
- Scope of work: From autoresponders to CRM (customer relations management) automation, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, tools, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to automate your marketing campaign? Log in and post your marketing automation job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING MARKETING AUTOMATION SPECIALISTS
How much does it cost to hire a marketing automation specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced marketing automation specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their marketing automation services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a marketing automation specialist to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long it takes to automate your marketing efforts, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-ambitious marketing automation projects. For example, automating a simple email campaign for a landing page will typically take less time than automating an entire sales funnel with multiple marketing channels.
What are the steps involved to hire marketing automation specialists?
Here’s how to hire marketing automation consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s incorporating chatbots or automating data collection.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., create email templates for a targeted marketing campaign).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential marketing automation specialists for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., creating automated ads on Facebook).
- Interview marketing automation talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project. Here are some sample interview questions.