How to hire presentation designers
Need presentation slides that will keep your audience captivated as you deliver your message? A presentation designer can help.
So how do you hire presentation designers? What follows are some tips for finding top presentation design consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist presentation design professionals
As you’re browsing available presentation design consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a presentation designer who understands your industry so they can create slides that will resonate with your target audience.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., instructional design skills for creating slides for an online course).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular presentation designer.
How to write an effective presentation design job post
With a clear picture of your ideal presentation designer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective presentation design job post should include:
- Scope of work: From creating custom graphics to incorporating slide animations, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or presentation software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create engaging and informative presentations? Log in and post your presentation design job on Upwork today.
PRESENTATION DESIGNERS FAQ
What is presentation design?
Presentation design involves using graphics, color, typography, layout, and other design elements to create slide presentations.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in presentation design professionals:
- Presentation design
- Graphic design
- Design tools such as Adobe Illustrator
- Presentation software such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
Why hire presentation designers?
The trick to finding top presentation designers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create PowerPoint slides for an office presentation? Or will your slides be used as part of an online course? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a presentation designer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced presentation designer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their presentation design services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.