How to hire SEO experts
Want to improve your ranking on major search engines such as Google? An SEO expert can help you perform the keyword research, SEO content generation, and onsite optimization that goes into an SEO campaign.
So how do you find an SEO expert? What follows are some tips on how you can find top SEO experts on Upwork.
What is SEO?
SEO is short for search engine optimization and refers to all activities that help search engines better recognize and correlate websites with certain search terms. The more relevant a search engine deems your website or content is with a keyword, the higher you will rank for that keyword.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in SEO freelancers:
- Keyword research (Keyword Planner, SEMrush, etc.)
- Onsite optimization (HTML headers, alt text, images, etc.)
- SEO content generation and planningGuest posting and link building
- Competitor analysis and SEO audits
SEO consultants help businesses better position themselves on search engines to receive traffic from their target market.
How to shortlist SEO freelancers
As you’re browsing available SEO consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want an SEO expert who understands your industry, so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Organization. Experience monitoring and analyzing marketing programs
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular SEO expert.
Why do you want to hire SEO experts?
The trick to finding top SEO experts is to identify your needs. Do you just need help ranking on major search engines such as Google, or are you also trying to optimize for something specific like queries on the Apple App Store? Do you need someone with a strong guest posting network for link building? The cost of your SEO project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective SEO job post
With a clear picture of your ideal SEO expert in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective SEO job post should include:
- Scope of work: From SEO audits to link building, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: Translate your SEO needs into a freelancer profile. If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create an SEO campaign that will help drive organic traffic to your business? Log in and post your SEO job on Upwork today.