I am an effective, efficient, detail-oriented, warm, and personable freelancer. With extensive experience in both creating and consulting on projects involving academic writing, fiction and non-fiction writing and research, I am confident I can coordinate with you to meet your specific goals in your ideal timeline.
I am a trilingual graduate of the College of Charleston with a degree in Political Science, Philosophy, and Law, with a minor in Creative Writing; I speak both native Dutch and English, and a high level of French. I have been a speechwriter for an institution's administrator, as well as the assistant to a renowned Psychologist and TED Talk speaker in the development of his media content and prose. In addition, I have worked closely with literature at The Washington Library, and have published my own content.
Beyond these experiences, and perhaps most importantly, I am a good person to work with. I communicate frequently, and have a passion to meet your project's goals as you specifically desire. I am extremely focused on detail and capturing the personality of the individual project I am working on. I dedicate myself completely to the work that needs to be done, no matter the size and scope of the project.
As a ghostwriter, I place great importance on the balance of language and your personal objectives that the work seeks to achieve. I can create a balance between the colloquial, professional, and the complex and mind-bending. Additionally, I can also tailor to simplistic or layered forms of narratives; it simply depends on your individual needs. You can count on me as a professional and as a confidante.
"Laura did an excellent job. She's a talented writer with a discerning eye and a talent for interpretation. She created a fantastic article for my publication and included a few artistic touches that really made it unique. The content shows a high level of familiarity with the subject and a great deal of passion. I highly recommend working with her, and I plan to hire her again in the future."
• CEO | Veta Brevis Literature
"I have worked with many writers, but none so professional as Laura. Her work was high quality, it was done before deadline, and it was so easy to work with her. I would not hesitate to work with her again. Strongly recommend."
• Laura Pennington | TED Talk speaker, Business Owner, Author
"I had a phenomenal experience working with Laura! She is truly a great writer who knows how to do research and write excellent content, all while adhering (read: beating) a strict deadline. I am very happy with her work and will not hesitate to work with her again."
• Davina Ward | Digital Marketer, Content Creator, Copywriter
What I can do for you:
√ Academic Writing
• Papers, Essays, Thesis Development, Dissertation
• Citations: Bluebook, Bluebook Law Review, APA, Chicago, MLA, in-text, footnotes,
reference page, endnotes
• Disciplines: Political Science, Philosophy, Law, English, English Literature, English Composition, Sociology, International Relations, Public Policy, Public Health, Communication
√ Policy Development and Writing
• Federal, state, local, private enterprise.
√ Law Review Articles
• Legal research, case law, Bluebook citations
√ Grant Writing and Strategy Development
• Manuscripts, Short Stories, Articles, White Paper, Research
• SEO-Optimized Articles, Blog Posts, Social Media Posts, Op-Eds, News Analysis,
Landing Pages, Buying Guides, White Paper, Press Releases
• Policy Analysis, Policy Proposal, Political Campaign, Case Law, Legal Research, Renaissance,
Philosophy, Neo-Platonic Research