I am a Northwestern University graduate with seven years of experience undertaking complex works of original research - with topics ranging anywhere from contemporary nuclear energy policy in Europe to the Middle Ages' expansive Afro-European gold trade.
As my writing has developed over the course of extensive education and varied professional experiences, I have grown comfortable communicating in a wide variety of voices: academic, technical, journalistic, and creative.
My graduate background in research means that I'm not only prepared to deliver great writing for you, but I'm also eager to learn about new topics and communicate the information that I've gathered into a compelling finished product. Just give me the topic and I'll do the research and analysis for you - and rest assured that my academic background means that I will never use illegitimate sources or plagiarize others' work.
In addition to writing and research, my three years of graduate studies and two years' teaching assistantship has given me ample experience in editing the written work of others. I proofread documents for grammar, style, and logic with a meticulous attention to detail.
Currently, I work in operations for a fintech company specializing in product and shipping protection. This position has given me ample exposure to topics related to insurance, warranties, ecommerce, and data science and analytics. Please see below for an overview of my skills, experience, and training. Thanks!
Writing & Editing
● Experience and training in writing for a wide range of audiences and in a variety of styles, such as: academic papers for specialists; communications outreach for organizations; B2B and B2C marketing; blog-style content for websites.
● Produced engaging, thoughtful, and carefully researched content for a website devoted to the history of the U.S. West.
● Researched and produced compelling SEO web content for a South Carolina-based CBD manufacturer. Commended by client for strength of writing and excellent research.
● Able to self-edit and proofread/edit others’ work for clarity, style, grammar, content, and proper use of citation style.
● Received graduate-level training in advanced research methodologies. Gained high level of comfort working with vast sets of complex information to produce meaningful insights and interpretations.
Collaboration and Communication
● Commended by colleagues and supervisors for ability to express complex ideas clearly, both in speaking and in writing.
● An effective listener, adept at communing and brainstorming ideas with colleagues to provide solutions for relevant stakeholders.
Editing & Proofreading
Travel & Hospitality
Grant Research & Prospect List