I'm a technical womenswear designer with a speciality in Lingerie (Intimates/Underwear), Swimwear, Nightwear & Athleisure/ Activewear I have worked with numerous UK, USA & European brands, from Global to Start Up - with over 12 years experience in the industry. Swimsuits, Bikinis, Bras, Robes, Leggings, Zip Ups, T-Shirts and beyond, I've developed 1000's of products over the years!
I have in depth technical/manufacturing knowledge and excellent cad illustration skills, with a thorough understanding of garment construction, fit & performance. I love to develop ranges from initial concepts, moodboards and trend research, through to design development and finally detailed technical specs ready for the factory floor. I have extensive experience of sourcing, in depth fabric knowledge and skills in pattern development. Over the years I have worked with many factories closely all over the world, so understand what they need from a tech pack to make your vision a reality.
- Brand range planning, how to develop an offering that hits all the right notes.
- Detailed cad illustration skills, whether its a technical black and white flat drawing truly correct for construction, or an illustration in colour brought to life with the depth of realistic fabric rendering, I can provide an invaluable image of your idea fulfilling the needs of both yourself and your manufacturer. Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Seamless repeat print design, particularly relevant to Swimwear & Active Wear
- Presentation boards, range plans, line sheets
- Moodboards, Colour research with Pantones and Catwalk Analysis
- Fabric Sourcinc; Detailed knowledge of fabrics and componentry which is fit for purpose, global network of suppliers for all volumes and price range.
- Fitting Analysis; can work with your manufacturer on fit improvements throughout the process
- Detailed Garment Tech Packs; containing all information required to produce your prototype, from Technical Sketch with construction information, bill of materials and fabric specifications to measurement chart diagrams and print artwork with pantones, the pack will encompass everything needed to manufacture that 1st sample and beyond.
- Sizing, Grading & Performance suggestions, knowledge of all functional and performance requirements including Core, Curve, DD+ & Maternity sizes.
I will be able to guide you through the product development process & help you understand the possibilities within the design, sourcing and manufacturing process - aswell as how to overcome the hurdles a startup or new brand can face.
I look forward to working with you on bringing your idea to life :)
Clothing & Merchandise Design
Mass Market Fashion Design