How to hire social media managers
If you want to engage with your target market where they spend the majority of their time, you’ll need to establish a solid social media presence. If you’re looking to set up and manage social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms, a social media manager can help.
What is social media management?
Ever wonder how influencers can keep thousands of followers entertained on a daily basis? Or how about those businesses who turn negative posts into satisfied customers? How do you get your likes, comments, and subscriptions to number in the thousands? A social media manager can help you get better results from your social media channels.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in social media management freelancers:
- Market research and analytics
- Social media writing
- Photo editing and graphic design
- Advertising (paid and organic)
- Influencer marketing
Social media management consultants help businesses maximize the effectiveness of their social media channels and show positive ROI.
How to shortlist social media management freelancers
As you’re browsing available social media management consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a social media manager who understands your industry, so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Organization. Experience monitoring, analyzing, and managing multiple social media accounts is a win.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular social media manager.
Why do you want to hire social media managers?
The trick to finding top social media managers is to identify your needs. How many social media channels are you looking to leverage in your marketing campaign? Do you need someone experienced working with social media management software such as HubSpot? What about Facebook Ads or influencer marketing on Instagram? The cost of your social media project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective social media management job post
With a clear picture of your ideal social media manager in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective social media management job post should include:
- Scope of work: From posting on social media to analyzing KPIs, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: Translate your social media management needs into a freelancer profile. If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create a social media campaign that will help you maximize the effectiveness of your marketing campaign? Log in and post your social media management job on Upwork today.