Growing up in a family with myriad different cultural backgrounds, I started early with an appreciation for a broad range of ideas and perspectives. Equally early, I developed an immense love for music and sound, beginning as an avid listener and eventually picking up drumsticks as my primary means of expression.
I began my career in university, holding the titles Extreme Music Coordinator and Music Director at WBUL at USF in Tampa, FL. I then graduated with an Associate’s degree in Recording Arts and a Master’s in Entertainment Business from Full Sail in Orlando, FL. During my time there, I was chosen to participate in the competitive Full Sail Dubbing Stage internship program, as well as assisting for F.O.H. mixer at the Live at Park Ave. Series.
After university, I spent almost 2 years teaching English in Japan, fulfilling one of my early dreams to experience the country first-hand. During my stay, I rehearsed, played live, and recorded with 3 bands, and taught English at 3 different high schools. After moving back to the States, I started working back in my native Florida, while performing with Lion Choir and The Wallies, several music/dance collaborations, improvisational events, and playing cover band gigs.
Within 2 years I made the move to Austin, TX for the thriving music scene, working at Guitar Center and eventually getting a job at MOOD Media as a Production Engineer. Then making a move to Encore (formerly PSAV) as Audio Technician, and then Sales Coordinator.
Why I'm a great candidate for your project:
• Recording/Editing/Mixing -- I have extensive experience with the breadth of music production across genres and applications, including popular music, classical, and theatrical productions.
• Audio post-production -- Dialogue editing and placement, spotting, SFX placement, foley, and ADR.
• Composition & SFX creation -- For a multitude of visual arts accompaniment including film, dance, live productions.
• Education -- Drums and percussion lessons as well as recording and DAW fundamentals
Design & Development:
• Website building -- I've built my own websites using CMSes like Wix and SquareSpace and have some experience with coding HTML.
• Programming -- Completed WGU Python 4 pilot intensive program
• Graphic design -- I've worked on plenty of my album artwork, posters, flyers, and promotional materials for my music projects, friends, and freelance jobs. I have an eye for layout, and I work primarily in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Copywriting & marketing -- I've written promotional materials for my own shows, dozens of other creative projects, and office jobs. I have also drafted project proposals to be used in grant proposals which require a detail-oriented and concise approach to communicating.
• Communication -- As Sales Coordinator for Encore, I acted as liaison between the clients, the W Hotel (which housed my location), and the audio-visual technicians that worked on events that I helped plan. This experience has helped sharpen my interpersonal communication skills in-person, on the phone, and through e-mail.
• Productivity tools -- At Encore, I also learned software systems for project scheduling, gear acquisition, and CRM, including proprietary tools. I feel confident that I can learn to use your systems and I look forward to learning your workflow.
• Freelancing -- I have been freelancing for over 10 years as a drummer, audio engineer, and composer. For the last 3 years I have also been working remotely from my home office/studio.
Here is a list of productivity software that I have used throughout my career:
- Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Apple processors (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
- Extranet applications
- Google Drive, DropBox, WeTransfer
After hours I produce music under my name and my Silver Tapes moniker, do session work, compose music for dance, and continue exploring my home, Austin, TX. I am always looking for more exciting opportunities to work, play, collaborate, and create. It would be a pleasure to meet you, let's talk!