Seeking a position to utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities in the education that offers a competitive environment, a true professional to put in the acquired knowledge and gain exposure to upcoming technologies.
(2014-2017) Government College University, Faisalabad
Thesis title: Production, Purification and Characterization of Biosurfactants from Bacillus spp. and their Potential Applications in Food and Pharmaceutical Products
M. Phil Microbiology
(2012-2014) Government College University, Faisalabad
Thesis title: In-vitro determination of Antibacterial and Antifungal activity of Viro Care GZ-08™ against Burn Wound Pathogens
(2008-2012) Government College University, Faisalabad
F. Sc (Pre-medical)
(2006-2008) Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Faisalabad
(2004-2006) Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Faisalabad
2018-2019 Assistant Professor at Institute of Microbiology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, on Interim Placement for Fresh PhD (IPFP) by HEC for one year
2019-2020 Visiting lecturer at Institute of Microbiology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
1. Isolated, identified and characterized the indigenous strains of Bacillus cereus from garden soil samples
2. Extracted and characterized the biosurfactants from Bacillus cereus.
3. Determined the antimicrobial, emulsification & antioxidant activities and immune-adjuvant properties of biosurfactants for applications in food and pharmaceutical products.
a. Isolation and culturing of microbes from environmental and clinical samples
b. Biochemical characterization of microbes
c. Antibiotics sensitivity testing
2. Molecular biology and biotechnology
a. Isolation of DNA from microbes
b. Amplification of genomic DNA by PCR
c. Agarose Gel electrophoresis
a. Data retrieval from databases
b. Genomic and proteomic data analysis through different tools
c. Alignment and clustering methodologies
1. Basic Microbiology
5. Clinical Microbiology
6. Medical Microbiology
7. Pharmaceutical Microbiology
8. Environmental Microbiology
9. Food and Dairy Microbiology
10. Marine and Fresh Water Microbiology
11. Biosafety and Biosecurity
1. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
2. Statistical Software (Minitab and SPSS)
1. Good interpersonal and communication skills
2. Ability to work collaboratively and complete work before deadlines
3. Excellent grasp of microbiological terminology
4. Self-directed and organized
5. Willingness to learn and follow directions
1. Muhammad Hidayat Rasool, Abuzar Muhammad Afzal, Abu Baker Siddique, Waseem Akram, Muhammad Saqalein, Madiha Basit and Muhammad Farooq Tahir (2015). Antiviral activity of Viro Care GZ-08™ against Newcastle disease virus in poultry and its in-vitro cytotoxicity assay. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research, 28(2): 200-209.
2. Bilal Aslam, Madiha Basit, Muhammad Atif Nisar, Mohsin Khurshid and Muhammad Hidayat Rasool (2017). Proteomics: Technologies and their Applications. Journal of Chromatographic Science, 55 (2): 182-196.
3. Madiha Basit, Muhammad Hidayat Rasool, Syed Ali Raza Naqvi, Muhammad Waseem and Bilal Aslam (2018). Biosurfactants production potential of native strains of Bacillus cereus and their antimicrobial, cytotoxic and antioxidant activities. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, 3(1): 251-256.
4. Madiha Basit, Muhammad Hidayat Rasool, Muhammad Farooq Hassan, Mohsin Khurshid , Nosheen Aslam , Muhammad Farooq Tahir, Muhammad Waseem and Bilal Aslam (2018). Evaluation of Lipopeptide Biosurfactants Produced from Native Strains of Bacillus cereus as Adjuvant in Inactivated Low Pathogenicity Avian Influenza H9N2 Vaccine. International journal of Agriculture and Biology, 20(6): 1419‒1423.
5. Madiha Basit, Abu Baker Siddique, Bilal Aslam, Muhammad Asif Zahoor, Riaz Hussain and Mazhar Ulhaq (2020). Distribution and antimicrobial susceptibility profile of bacterial and fungal pathogens isolated from burn wounds in hospitalized patients. Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. 1-17.
1. “Biosurfactants Production by Bacillus spp. and their Therapeutic Potential as an Antibacterial Agent” at “1st One-day Symposium on Drug Development & Radiolabelled Compounds” organized by Department of Chemistry, Government College University, Faisalabad on March 21, 2017.
Scientific Literature Review
Editing & Proofreading