I am an innovative career coach with diverse hiring experience ranging from true start-ups to large organizations (over 50k employees) in both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Here is what I will bring to you, no matter where you are in your career journey:
- Empathy: Understanding the details of who you are and where you are going is something I take very seriously. If your career coach doesn't take the time to understand you and your situation, the guidance will be generic at best.
- Diverse Experience: I have been very fortunate to have been trusted by every company I have been with to lead the hiring, coaching, and training of new employees. From all walks of life, I have helped hundreds of individuals better understand themselves to gain employment and ultimately set themselves up for the career that is aligned with their long term goals, many into top-tier six-figure roles. If I don't have the right knowledge for what you are needing, I will be completely upfront with you.
- Passion: To drive home just how seriously I take this work, throughout my own career in various leadership positions, I dedicated at least 10 hours a month to a formal career coaching position to support individuals within a large highly-matrixed company. This was not something that ever went on my performance review nor was it something I was ever compensated for. I have always had a great passion for this work and I am fortunate to be in a position in life where I can offer my time and experience more freely.
- Ethical Conduct: As your career coach, I give my absolute commitment to always work in your best interest, stay completely transparent, avoid any conflicts of interest, and honor your confidentiality. If requested, I can and will provide you references as well as provide you my supervisory principal history which will show you an unblemished track record of 10 years in the financial services industry.
- Fundamentals: Assessing the primary aspects of candidacy. Addressing the various components of the roles desired, offering an objective assessment of the employment landscape in relation to your candidacy. Here I also tend to use various self-assessment programs and a proprietary values system to help you compose your "elevator" pitch. While often used during the interview process, I have found it's just as important to open doors away through natural networking opportunities and away from the job boards. Lastly, we will establish the goals you have and set appropriate timelines for what you are going to accomplish.
- The "Digital" You: Here I will audit, review, and provide valuable feedback to you through all aspects of your digital presence. I will help you draft the most appropriate versions of your resume and cover letters to make sure you are putting your most compatible foot forward. Additionally, if desired I will provide tactical feedback to help you best represent yourself both on LinkedIn as well as other areas of your online presence.
- Go-to-Market Employment Strategy: Taking the work you've done, we build a flexible strategy to deliver results and gain insight. Results here means real "at-bats" in terms of interviews and ultimately into offers. Insights here means the system will include feedback integration points, allowing you to take what you learn and fold it into the larger strategy.
- Negotiation: This is one of my favorite aspects of the employment process and one I believe I bring unique and significant value to you in. Through my negotiation training via the Wharton Institute of Executive Education and real life practice, I will help you incorporate the appropriate tactics which align with your values. My goal is to make sure you feel comfortable throughout the process while ensuring you are being offered the most income possible in the current environment.
Post Hiring / Current Employment Support:
- The First 90 Days: Career coaching shouldn't end with the job being offered and accepted. The first 90 days can and will set a path for you to fully engage with your work, with great energy and enthusiasm. I will help make sure your onboarding goes smoothly, taking something that could be stressful off your shoulders.
- Career Development: If you are in a role but looking to take the steps needed for advancement either within your current organization or even outside your company, here we will create the appropriate framework for your future move. Taking these steps ensures you can leave your current position with "no bridges burned" and strong network connections going forward.
If you have questions, feel free to connect with me directly. If what I bring sounds like what you are looking for, please let my 20 years of experience work for you!