I am Olena, a certified translator with 10+ years of experience. My translation is based not only on a high level of knowledge of languages, but also on international standards, practical experience in niches, and knowledge of lexical and stylistic features of the areas in which I translate.
I'm just developing my career on Upwork. Most of my clients are outside the platform, so you won't see the exact number of hours worked here. But this is what regular customers say about me:
“Wow, that was great to get all that, thanks. I’ve got a few more you can do.
You’re doing a fantastic job, thanks so much.
Thanks for all your hard work, Olena!”
Why clients choose me over a translation agency or other freelancers:
- Professional education as a translator. It is not enough to know the language well. When translating, stylistic and lexical features of the text must be taken into account, so the client trusts me, and not translation bureaus, whose staff may include amateurs, students, or native speakers who do not have enough experience and knowledge in the technical features and standards of translation.
- Quality standards. It is important to me that you receive a highly accurate translation, so my translations comply with EN-15038 and ISO 17100-2015 standards. After I completed the work I move on to the proofreading phase: review and correct the final work so that you receive a document without typos.
- Teaching experience. I prepare people for the international IELTS/TOEFL exams, so I understand all the intricacies of the English and Spanish languages, which allows clients to get a highly professional translation that preserves all the meanings of the original text.
- Responsibility and honesty. I will not promise mountains of gold and that I will translate 100 pages in 1 day in order to get a job. The quality of work and building long-term relationships with clients is important to me, so if I understand that there is objectively not enough time for a high-quality translation for a certain amount of work, I will say so frankly and offer options for solving the issue.
My approach as a professional translator:
1. Before starting, you and I create a base of terms (glossary) and agree on the terminology and stylistics that will be used during the translation.
2. I create translation memory for regular customers.
3. I accurately calculate the price before the beginning of cooperation, so you do not need to pay extra for anything later. All terms are clear right from the beginning.
4. If you need to make minor updates or edits (up to 250 characters), I” ll do it for free.
I'm the right person if you need
✅ EN, ES, UA, RU subtitling;
✅ localization of websites, marketing campaigns, apps, games, IT products, and software.
I implement all this in 4 languages in the following versions:
EN-UA, EN-RU, EN-ES, UA-RU, ES-UA, ES-RU, and vice versa;
In all industries I work with, I have practical experience using the language:
🔸 IT (In addition to the implementation of client projects, I worked as a web developer, so I understand the peculiarities of the terminology and style of this field I practice);
🔸 Education (In addition to the implementation of client projects, I teach, prepare for exams, and create educational materials myself, which helps to operate with the subtleties of the language during translation)
🔸 Literature, Theatre, Cinema (studied literature and culture in Spanish and English at the university, played in the theatre for 5 years, which allows me to make professional dubbing and translation of materials and books in this field)
🔸 Medical/healthcare(My Mom is a doctor. That gives me knowledge to translate medical terms, abbreviations and specific jargon easily);
🔸 Law(translated several hundreds of pages of legal documents, agreements, and insurances);
I am open to cooperation, so I am ready to add you to the list of my regular and satisfied customers.
Click on the green "Invite me" button to discuss the details!
Russian to English Translation
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification