Are you looking for someone to finalize and enhance your document before you put it on the web for the world to see? Or do you just need help completing a project because you don’t have the time? Worry no more. Let me proofread your written material so that you don’t have to.
I have written, transcribed, evaluated, edited and proofread thousands of documents over several years, including academic papers, affidavits, articles, blog posts, correspondence, dissertations, executive summaries, interviews, letters, memos, newsletters, product descriptions, reports, theses, white papers, witness statements and technical documents. As a former software developer and tester, I am also comfortable working on high tech documents.
My background includes a bachelor’s degree in business administration and various editing and proofreading certificates. I believe in providing a good, reliable and relatively inexpensive service, and I am proud of the work I do. Let me help you provide a better product.
What I Can Do for You:
I will proofread your written content to ensure that it meets the standards expected of any written material. This is especially important when the material will appear on the web or when the material will represent you or your business.
Poorly structured text can detract from the message you are trying to convey and will cause your reader to discontinue reading the material. You must have properly formatted and easy-to-read text. This is especially important for material written by writers whose English is a second language (ESL).
What You Will Get:
I will enhance your text to eliminate any mechanical errors and to improve the readability of the text. I will check and correct the following:
• Grammar (run-on sentences, sentence fragments, dangling modifiers, verb and pronoun agreement, parallelism)
• Word usage
• Typographical errors
• Formatting (Consistency in formatting headings, subheadings and lists)
• Fonts (Consistency in use of fonts at heading, subheading, list and text levels)
• Links (Ensure links connect to the appropriate destination)
• Sentence Structure (Enhance poorly written text; minimize overuse of passive voice; remove jargon, clichés, and unnecessary adverbs and adjectives)
Topic areas that I have worked on include the following:
• Health and Fitness
• Home and Garden
• Insurance (Auto, Health, Home, Life, Business, Workers' Comp, Boat, ATV, Burial)
• Legal (Reports and Affidavits)
• Product Descriptions
• Technology (e.g. Software Testing, Data Recovery, Security, Co-location, VPNs, IT
• Other - Cinema, Optometry, Sports, Television, Weddings
• B.S. in Business Administration (cum laude), Marywood University
• A.A.S. in Computer Science, City University of New York
• Certificate in Editing, Poynter - American Copy Editors Society
• Grammar and Proofreading Course - American Management Association
• Technical Writing and Editing Course - Technical Communication Center
• Editing and Proofreading Course - IACET Authorized Provider
• Book Editing Course - IACET Authorized Provider