Founded, coded, fundraised, bootstrapped, and exited app businesses. Previously, founded a healthcare startup that was acquired. In 2017, founded Topflight to be an app development experience where we weren't just hired guns to launch an MVP and bail, but rather acted more like a VC-funded startup team, that’s a fraction of the cost of you going out to build one yourself.
A few examples of helping clients reach their business goals:
✅ Walker Tracker iOS and Android app with wearable integration — 3 yr partnership — Acquired by Terryberry in 2022.
✅ Dedica remote patient monitoring for cardiac patients — 2 yr partnership — Landed their first RPM SaaS client valued at $300k annually, ROI positive in 2022.
✅ Rockemath online math app — 4 yr partnership — Helped them launch a new online math game that has reached 320k students in 2022.
✅ Dermasensor apps and sensor — 4 yr partnership — $34m raised during the partnership.
✅ Medable clinical trial apps — 2 yr partnership — $25m raised during the partnership, clinical trials launched for Merck & Stanford
✅ Cruise Control HR platform —4 yrs by CTO — Grew user count to 300k, Acquired by Fortune 500 company
✅ Helpkin iOS and Android babysitting app — 2 yr partnership — Acquired by Wana
If you’re looking for more than just a code written to spec, but a team that can ship great code while also being a creative and execution partner in your journey from app idea to successful app business, read more:
I’m not going to say it’s easy to accomplish the above. 90% of startups do fail, so it’s not all roses here. But we are defiant about doing everything possible to get our clients into that 10%. To do that, here is our process:
1. Rapid Prototyping, where we create and validate the app prototype BEFORE we write a line of code. This is all in the name of de-risking the bigger investment. We create captivating prototypes that you can test with real users to find market-fit. Your idea becomes real, tangible, and enough to wow the investor roundtable. We build those for $15-$20k, in 4-6 weeks.
2. Coding a 3-month proof of concept. We believe with religious zeal that no matter the vertical or tech involved, we can launch version 1 of an app to beta within 3 months. This takes two to tango though, we’ll workshop closely with you to pick out the highest-priority features for the expedited launch. We build those for $70-$80k, in 12 weeks.
3. After launching the proof of concept, iterating in agile sprints (between 30 and 60 hrs per week). In the client examples above, this is the part of the relationship where we really outshine, as we’re able to analyze market data, be creative with product suggestions, and build out those features or changes to move the needle quickly toward the ultimate goals of the business.
Breaking all that down, this is what you get when you work with us:
- Beautiful, validated UI/UX design that users love
- Product strategy to figure out how to engage & retain retention, and groom the product's next moves
- Project management for total transparency into progress
- Full-stack app development for web, mobile, IoT, web3 *
- Machine learning development
- DevOps engineering to automate all repetitive dev activities, make the app hum and scale with infrastructure, and add fort-Knox security.
- QA test automation to save developers and manual testers time
- App marketing to affordably acquire the next 10k to 100k users
To cover your first 2 years with top talent for everything we provide, that’s a 7-figure payroll. As your partner, we would fire on all cylinders at a price that’s 25% of that.
WHO WE WORK WELL WITH:
Our goal is to partner with you to create a winning product, whether you’re at the napkin sketch stage, already have existing designs, or are feeling battered down by a previous development team.
We don’t work with everyone. For our long-term partnership model, it's a two-to-tango, making sure that you and I are truly great fits. We’re looking for partners that:
- exceed us in domain expertise
- are humble leaders
- bring new ideas to the table but still listen well
- aren’t married to their idea, respect that the market is king, and are flexible in order to ship lean and avoid scope creep.
- have an ROI-driven approach. Understands that to get to the promised land, hiring the cheapest option NOR the most expensive option is likely to win.
- let us earn trust (fixed price), then switch us to in-house equivalent (retainer)
* Languages we like:
» Web: Swift, React Native, ReactJS, Flutter, NodeJS, Angular, Typescript, MongoDB, ExpressDB, Laravel / PHP, Python / Django, MySQL, Firebase, Java / Kotlin, Solidity, Rust
» Machine Learning: NLP, NLU, RNN/LSTM, NumPy, TensorFlow, Kera, SciKit, OpenCV
» APIs: Plaid, Yodlee, Google Fit, Stripe, HealthKit, Samsung Health, E-Rx, ResearchKit, SMART on FHIR