Hire the best User's Guide Writers in the United Kingdom
Check out User's Guide Writers in the United Kingdom with the skills you need for your next job.
- $38 hourlyI have worked as a writer and proofreader for over 20 years with work published both online and in print magazines. My areas of expertise include writing engaging, SEO-optimised blog posts and articles, creative writing, proofreading and editing content to ensure it’s perfectly written for an English-speaking audience, and creating YouTube scripts and user manuals. I’m also available for rewriting and enhancing content that has been written by a non-native English speaker, or generated by AI. While I’m happy to write about a wide range of topics, I have particular experience in interior décor, pets and travel writing, with particular in-depth knowledge of Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. My writing style is aimed at engaging readers, with a personable feel and perhaps a little humour, so your content will stand out from the crowd. I am native English, but US English text is also no problem. I’m often available at short notice, and I’m super-efficient, I’ll always meet your deadlines!User's Guide WritingProofreading FeedbackProofreadingSEO WritingCopy EditingWebsite AuditQuiz WritingUser Guide WritingContent WritingUX WritingScriptwritingBlog WritingArticle WritingTravel WritingCreative Writing
- $50 hourlyAdvanced wordsmith, curator of linguistic curiosities and captivating copy. Editorial work, content consulting and content mapping available. I create SEO optimised copy and Keyword-rich posts that flow naturally, to elevate your business copy and skyrocket your revenue. Work I provide is fully proof read, edited and formatted (if needed) to style. Work is fully communicated and delivered in a timely manner- ALWAYS within the specified timeframe. I am friendly, ambitious and more than willing to communicate regularly to ensure the project is moving smoothly forward as expected. - Copy and content consultancy - Copy Editing - Email copy /business copy - Social Media copy & post scheduling - Blog posts, guides and listicles -Creative writing/ghost writing -Scientific copy in the animal care/veterinary sectorUser's Guide WritingArticle WritingUser Guide WritingCopy EditingGuidebookWritingProofreadingArticle CurationSearch Engine Optimization
- $80 hourlyI'm a copywriter with over twenty years experience, including being on the BT agency roster writing customer communications, web pages and user guides. My strengths are turning features into benefits, writing compelling and engaging copy, keeping language simple, and getting the tone of voice just right. (New to Upwork, hence great rate.) Here are some testimonials... SALES MESSAGES… Microsoft Business Solutions “If you’re looking to differentiate your business with the optimal sales messages whilst simultaneously communicating to people exactly what you do… then Guy has the inspiration, expertise and efficiency to make it happen.” Louise Bransby-Zachary, Marketing Communications Manager WEB CONTENT… The Royal Bank of Scotland “Guy produced some excellent work for us, even when writing large volumes of copy under demanding timescales. He has a very professional style and is a pleasure to work with.” Andy Poulton, Project Manager Internet – Retail Direct Strategy PRESS RELEASES… Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group “Guy provides Mandarin Oriental with an invaluable copywriting and editing service. He creates great copy for marketing purposes.” Jill Kluge, Chief Marketing Officer EMAILS, LETTERS, USER GUIDES… BT Business “I’ve worked closely with Guy… He’s produced a whole host of customer communications for us and really get our brand, in particular in the way we want to communicate with our customers.” Sinead Gilbert, Marketing WEB CONTENT AND SEO… LV= “We’ve been delighted with Guy’s work. He’s meticulously fulfilled each brief and, by asking probing and incisive questions, supplied improved organic search results for our web site.” Alan Lay, Web Content Manager SCRIPTWRITING… Industrial Rubber “We all thought the script was excellent – a refreshingly natural dialog, expertly presented.” Geoff Mullins, IT Manager USER GUIDES… BT Total Broadband “I’d like to thank Guy for his recent help with the ‘installation instructions’ that are supplied to our BT Total Broadband customers. Guy was able to take a complex range of set- up, marketing and help information and present it in a simple and straightforward way.” Paul Armstrong, Product Manager MARKETING… BT Retail Consumer Indirect Channels “Guy translates a large amount of material into concise messaging against tight deadlines. He always provides high-quality output and with a ‘can do’ attitude.” Claire Hansen, Head of Partner Marketing BROCHURES… Unigraph Design “Guy is skilled at creating engaging copy and cutting through technical jargon. A stickler for detail, he can always be relied upon to turn work around quickly and efficiently.” Karyn Clarke, Senior Account Manager CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS… BT “Guy is a sensational copywriter who shows much appreciation in taking time out to understand the needs of not only the business, but also its customer wants/needs. His copywriting skills are of the highest order for anyone wanting to connect and develop a long-term relationship with their base.” Peter Simeon, Marketing Manager SCRIPTWRITING… Massive Analytic “Guy and his produced the script for our first ever video. It was excellent.” George Frangou, Founder and CEO SCRIPTWRITING… Webvideos “I worked with Guy over about an 18-month period when we were making videos for BT. Guy was the primary script and copywriter and took a lot of the strain in managing the customer expectations and he never missed a deadline.” Andy Woodruff, MD and Head of Business Development CASE STUDIES… Rich Interactive “Aside from being a generally great bloke, Guy is also very skilled at what he does. I can provide a generally average brief, written in a rush and then relax. I know that when it comes back it will sparkle with just the right tone and subtlety to create the response I was after.” Daryl Stickley, Managing Director WEB CONTENT AND SCRIPTWRITING… BSS Digital “I have worked with Guy on projects ranging from web copy for top financial institutions to scripts for DVDs for the tourism industry, and each time the results have been excellent. He is very personable, and a pleasure to work with.” Tim Wedge, Head of Design BROCHURES AND GUIDES… BT, Including You “Guy is a great creative writer, who listens to what you ask for, then turns it into text that is easy to understand and conforms to any brand guideline you have given him. He will also make suggestions on alternative ways of putting points forward. I have no hesitation in recommending him.” Dave Barrett, Inclusion and Accessibility manager CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS… BT Business “Guy is not just a great copywriter, he’s very professional, he understands business requirements and will go the extra mile to meet client expectations.” Jan Bradford, Product Communications Manager Copywriting specialisms include: e-books, video scripts, articles and emails. Thanks for your interest. Kind regards, GuyUser's Guide WritingBusiness WritingCreative WritingProduct PageLanding PageUser Guide WritingWritingBlog WritingWebsite ContentArticle WritingAbout Us PageVideo NarrationCopywritingMedia & EntertainmentSEO WritingScriptwriting
- $50 hourlyI specialize in transforming complex technical information into user-friendly documentation. I enjoy the challenge of learning a new application running it through it paces while creating user friendly documentation. My career has taken me through several roles that inform my documentation process – IT trainer, Business Analyst, UAT lead, System administrator, Helpdesk – these experiences help me to create thorough documentation that anticipates the needs of the client and user. I will help you to: - • Support learners by creating engaging, concise documentation - User/reference guides, workbooks, manuals, SOPs, FAQs and eBooks. • Secure user engagement through training, documentation, communications etc. • Conduct a review or test of your application to identify any gaps in your documentation/processes. Have a new project? Let's schedule a brief call to discuss how I can meet your specific project requirementsUser's Guide WritingContent WritingChatGPTUser Guide WritingScriptwritingProcess DocumentationArticle WritingUser ManualTechnical WritingTutorialEnglishInstruction Manual
- $12 hourlyI am a recent graduate (BsC Hons) from Newcastle College's Games Technologies course. Over my years of study, I've found a passion for game and level design through many projects and game jams. When I'm not making games, though, I love to write about them in every capacity - I'm a 100% completionist, so tend to know the games I play inside and out!User's Guide WritingWritingWeb Content DevelopmentVideo GameUser Guide WritingSearch Engine Optimization
- $25 hourlyWriter. Particularly adept at turning complex concepts and information into something more tangible for any given audience. Areas of expertise include: artificial intelligence (AI) development, ethics and implications. Philosophy of consciousness, physics, and writing for video game news and user guides. Professional translations available in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic. Novice translations for German! Qualifications in digital media, philosophy and psychology. Professional experience of providing advice and information services across mental health and social care sectors. With keen research skills and a penchant for creative writing, I'm more than happy to explore foreign fields to support you however I can, with whatever you need!User's Guide WritingTechnical WritingStory ConceptPythonPsychologyVideo EditingWritingAI PolicyMental HealthArtificial IntelligenceArtificial Intelligence EthicsCopywritingNews WritingPhilosophyUser Guide WritingVideo Game Writing
- $15 hourlyI am a copyeditor and writer experienced in creating and editing website copy, user guides, marketing materials, informational pamphlets, and plain English communications. I am also comfortable working on essays, academic texts, journal articles, memoir, fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction.User's Guide WritingConsultation SessionGrant WritingGrant ApplicationGrant ProposalWriting CritiqueWritingCommunicationsCommunication SkillsProofreadingWebsite CopyEmail CopywritingUser ManualUser Guide WritingLine EditingCopy Editing
- $25 hourlyI have worked for a market-leading software company providing a Learner Management System (LMS) for most of the last 25 years, on these main duties: * Delivering user training and support, on site and online, to individuals and groups up to 10 people. * Producing detailed training guides, system help file and general public-facing documentation. * Creating software training videos varying in length up to 30 minutes. * Setting up the main LMS and over a dozen additional products for several hundred new customers. * Database administration including: handling organisational and low-level technical issues; creating software work specifications; software user testing; writing reports; using basic project management techniques. * Advanced use of main Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. * Other software used recently includes Camtasia (videos), Help & Manual (help files), JIRA (projects).User's Guide WritingUserTestingSoftware TestingInstruction ManualTravel PlanningTravel AdviceGuidebookUser Guide WritingCopywritingCopy EditingTrainingEditing & ProofreadingWriting
- $12 hourlyCREATIVE WRITER CONTENT WRITER Experienced writer with 6 years experience in a range of writing roles, including creative writing, content writing (B2B & B2C), journalism and social media content creation. I have a First Class degree in BA English Literature with Creative Writing. I also graduated with the 2022 Alun Lewis Prize for Poetry. Freelancing across multiple disciplines has shaped me into a resourceful individual who can easily adapt to different tasks and tones. I pride myself on my impeccable time management and organisation, my strong background in research, keen eye for detail, and flair for storytelling. I have incredibly high standards for my own work. I am dedicated to my clients and ensure the writing that I produce for them exceeds their expectations.User's Guide WritingArticle WritingJournalismAcademic WritingBlog WritingEditing & ProofreadingUser Guide WritingPodcast Show NotesPersuasive WritingAdvertisingEssay WritingPoetryCopy EditingCopywritingCreative WritingContent Writing
- $30 hourlyLooking for Comprehensive Technical Documentation that Enhances User Experience? With SaaS solutions becoming increasingly sophisticated, the clarity and precision of your documentation are more vital than ever. With over four years of dedicated experience as a Technical Writer, I've honed my expertise in translating complex technical processes into clear, user-centric documentation tailored for SaaS platforms. Whether it's API documentation, user guides, or troubleshooting resources, my work aims to ensure your users navigate your product with ease and confidence. My hands-on experience with DITA, API documentation formats like XML/JSON, and tools such as Swagger and GitHub equip me to deliver content that's both top-notch and in line with current industry standards. Grounded in the principles of the Documentation Development Life Cycle (DDLC) and Quality Assurance, I approach each project with meticulous planning and a commitment to excellence. My collaborative nature ensures smooth cross-functional interactions, resulting in accurate, actionable, and user-friendly content. With a rich academic background spanning the sciences and arts, and bolstered by certifications in contemporary technical writing tools and methodologies, I bring a unique and balanced perspective to every project. Use my expertise for your SaaS product documentation needs and ensure your users have all the insights they need for success with your product. Highlighted Expertise: SaaS User Guides & API Documentation Technical Blogs & Newsletter Cross-functional Collaboration & Coordination Quality Assurance & Peer Review Technical & Product Information AnalysisUser's Guide WritingRelease NotesNewsletter WritingBlogJSONXMLMicrosoft VisioSnagItUser Guide WritingCopywritingEditing & ProofreadingInstruction ManualTechnical DocumentationUser ManualAPI DocumentationSoftware Documentation
Want to browse more freelancers?Sign up
How hiring on Upwork works
1. Post a job (it’s free)
Tell us what you need. Provide as many details as possible, but don’t worry about getting it perfect.
2. Talent comes to you
Get qualified proposals within 24 hours, and meet the candidates you’re excited about. Hire as soon as you’re ready.
3. Collaborate easily
Use Upwork to chat or video call, share files, and track project progress right from the app.
4. Payment simplified
Receive invoices and make payments through Upwork. Only pay for work you authorize.