As a marketer, your strategy often means answering the whats, whys, and the hows of your product or service. A solid video strategy can do a lot of the legwork—and short, effective explainer videos can help engage and educate customers at every phase of the buyer journey.
Creating an animated explainer video pipeline is fast and easy when you partner with a video production agency or build your own production team of flexible talent. You’ll be able to find and engage trusted video experts and start cranking out a library of videos at scale—all in a matter of days.
- Support Your Core Marketing Efforts
- Educate and Inform with Content That Connects
- Start Tackling Customer Pain Points in Days
- Create Your Explainer Video Production Dream Team with Flexible Talent Today
Here are a few ways flexible video talent and specialized agencies can help you enhance your marketing strategy with explainer videos.
Whether it’s to outline your brand’s core mission or show off what you can do, a well-placed, informative video can tip the scales. Couple the ROI of video with the affordability of flexible video talent and watch your efforts go further, faster.
Start by identifying your primary goals and engage video production talent to help brainstorm winning explainer concepts, whether it’s to
- Boost awareness with a video that explains the problem your product or service solves
- Power acquisition efforts
- Build brand loyalty with a video explaining your key differentiators
- Drive engagement on social media
Tip: Make your “About” page pop with a video that explains who you are, rather than just a big block of text.
If you’re creating educational content—whether it’s to teach a new skill, deliver knowledge, or tell a story—how you deliver that content is as important as the content itself. It’s why many marketers, content creators, and companies use animated explainer videos to get their message across.
- Summarize (and visualize) a complex process, problem, or concept
- Create helpful tutorials and how-to’s
- Fill in where live video footage isn’t possible, such as explaining the complex inner workings of technology or how a piece of software works
- Demo your product or service to show how it works, including its various parts, features, or benefits
- Bring data, diagrams, or illustrations to life, so stats and figures resonate with viewers
[A how-to explainer video created for Upwork by motion graphics artist Corey Petrini.]
Tip: Try an animated whiteboard video to boost engagement and learning retention rates.
If you’ve prioritized opportunities to answer key questions or reduce friction with explainer videos, you want to move fast. Head off tickets, comments and questions with helpful, easy-to-digest onboarding videos and tutorials. Be proactive and drill into analytics and inquiries to identify topics that could use some clarity.
Customers will appreciate finding answers to their questions and concerns—and video is arguably the best way to deliver them in a way that’s quick and convenient.
- Improve onboarding for an app or program with an intro to your app, site, or software that gives steps to getting started—or addresses any hurdles identified through user testing
- Minimize friction, FAQs or inquiries with tutorials or how-to’s
Tip: Add screencast elements to show real-life examples of how to use an app or software.
Want to create explainer videos to target your customers in a more effective, engaging way? You can partner with a video production agency on Upwork, or you can go hybrid with flexible talent you engage on your own. Your team may include a motion designer, video editor, a scriptwriter, and a voiceover artist—all of whom you can easily tap on Upwork.
These resources will help you as you post a project, determine who you need to build your team, and grow your strategy.
- Write a Video Editor Job Post
- Assemble a Video Production Dream Team
- Scale Your Video Production with Freelancers
Upwork is a freelancing website where businesses of all sizes can find talented independent professionals across multiple disciplines and categories. Ready to let freelance experts help you get more done? Start today!