Our company is dynamic, our products are innovative, and our users are hungry for ideas and solutions. You are energetic and have proven success in admin, along with a basic understanding of ecommerce, manufacturing, and shipping.
We’re seeking an admin resource to support our team, and the role includes some basic supply chain activities. Your Business Administration Certificate, Operations Management diploma, or similar formally acquired skill set, as well as experience in administrative tasks, would be invaluable in the position. Also, experience in ecommerce, B2B, one or more ERP and accounting packages, and knowledge of 3PL operations would be a big asset.
You are computer literate and a good typist and have an excellent grasp of the English language. You can communicate unambiguously and concisely. You can assertively negotiate.
The admin role includes these areas of responsibility:
- Document creation, editing, management (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Basic cleaning, filtering of Customer Support emails
- Basic handling of customer shipping scenarios
- Business metrics reporting
The supply chain role includes these areas of responsibility:
- Real-time Inventory Management
- Virtual receiving of products and services from vendors
- Some minor/occasional purchasing
- Sales order entry and virtual shipping of products to customers
- Payable and receivable invoice creation
- Vendor relationship management, by video link, telephone, and email
- Interfacing internally with colleagues in Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to ensure product launch dates are achieved and inventory levels are consistent with company goals
Other experience that would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of Shopify and ManuOnline are a plus but not essential
- Experience in using Google Apps for Business (G Suite)
- Product & Page Set-Up on Shopify
We operate as a remote team, so you will need to demonstrate the ability to work autonomously. Your location anywhere in North America will be considered. The position requires the use of your computer, internet connection and phone. We would provide the software, documents, and onboarding to allow you to be effective in the position. The admin portion of the role can vary in tasks, however, it is usually fairly infrequent. Our company uses turnkey manufacturing and fulfillment; you will not be physically handling inventory, but recording its movement through the company to our customers. Front end order management is automated.
Initially, the role is part-time between 15-20 hours per week, and could move to full-time. A flexible schedule is possible under the right conditions. A full-time position would be considered immediately for individuals with the right skills that add value to the team and operations.
It’s a rewarding position for the right person. You’ll need to be creative, resilient, and unflappable. Does that sound like you?
Please answer these questions in your application:
1. Why should we choose you?
2. What do you do for fun?
3. If you have the choice of doing something 100% but late, or less than 100% but on time, which would you choose and why?
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers