This project will involve developing a LAMP website that imports data from a URL hosting a CSV data feed file. The objective is to run daily updates on this file for the purposes of generating a store for cycling products on the fly. The phased approach is defined as follows:
1) Export products from a given URL (provided below)
2) Import into a MySQL table (Suggest 3 core tables: Product, Retailer and Category Mapping)
Refer to the attached Excel file for category mapping in Excel
3) Imported fields should use “aw_product_id” as a unique identifier
4) Feed should be imported on a 24hr cycle (cron job), adding new entries from the feed and removing entries no longer in the feed (it’s ok to simply change these to a flag ‘disable’ from visbility) – the entire database should not be purged, but instead updated - aw_product_id is the unique identifier
5) Publish this to a html template (very simple) to show category page (paginated to 100 products) and a product page. There should also be a checksum page to report on total products in the database and the amount added and removed.
Please note this must be managed on a reseller LAMP hosting package with 500MB memory – so the current memory allocation will need to be leveraged in order to make this project phase a success. Please address this point in your proposal.