We will only invite the strongest and most qualified candidates for an interview.
We are a B2C & B2B Startup in Tokyo Japan, supported by a well-established group of companies, that is in the process of launching a series of new integrated Applications bringing an innovative fresh approach to Scheduling, Analytics and Media for targeted market segments worldwide.
We are in need of an Amazon Web Services Expert to join our team. Our ideal candidate is fast while keeping an eye for perfection.
This is a long-term job where you will work with the server team and mobile apps team comprising of consultants and other Upwork-ers, working in an agile-like environment.
• Design, build, optimize and administer existing AWS environments.
• Support ongoing developmental and operational activities, ensuring environments in AWS are operational and there are no blockers.
• Document and maintain documentation of AWS configuration and infrastructure setups.
• Provide consultation on AWS best practices
• Providing architecture guidance and best practices on application architectures and platforms
• Providing application development and cloud technology leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members
• Attend, actively participate and contribute to daily scrums Skype calls and on slack.
• Track and update tasks in JIRA.
• Minimum 3 years infrastructure operations experience with AWS.
• Experience architecting infrastructure environments in AWS.
• AWS certification
• Ability to work independently and remotely using phone, email, chat and other online collaboration tools.
• Computer Science Degree background.
• Be proficient in English (optional Japanese).
• Strong verbal and written skills, attention to detail, and a strong team-based attitude.
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and SDLC.
• Able to work during Japan hours (GMT +9).
• Individual freelancers only. No agencies.
• Must sign an NDA.
• Must take pride and ownership in work; self-motivated and disciplined.
• Able to work fast, under pressure, delivering high quality code.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and Internet and mobile OS security fundamentals.
• Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
• Keep all JIRA tasks and documentation (and the team!) up to date.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers