NOTE: Development will take no longer than 5 days. From January 8 through January 11, 2013. Multiple people may work on the project.
This is a generic proof of concept application. Looking for something very quick and easy without too much extra or options. This demonstration is a simple ecommerce mobile application that allows scanning of barcode and checkout with NFC passing (smart poster) receipt data to another mobile phone with a different application to parse the payload into a displayed receipt and then confirm "goods received"
Assumptions: both mobile will have internet access always on. Both mobiles will accept applications installed from alternative sources. Both mobile will support android jellybean 4.1 or better and have NFC available and active.
No graphics on first pass, just text data, buttons, and barcode snapshot.
The process of demonstration is as follows:
- The Payer picks up a bottle of wine
- The Payer opens the generic branded merchant shopping cart application by selecting icon from the main OS screen
- The Payer selects “Scan Item” from the list
- The Payer directs the camera to the SKU barcode on the bottle of wine
- The Application adds the item to cart
- The Payer selects “checkout” button
- The Payer selects “Pay by X” button
- The Application sends the transaction to the host, displays processing, and waits for response.
/Host interface is an XML based rest service with very simple and clearly defined XML. Sample transactions with variables will be provided.
- The Host responds with authorization message and the application displays a proof of purchase screen with option to “transmit” proof of purchase.
/Host response XML message will contain an authorization code.
- The Payer selects “transmit” button (therefore enabling NFC beam of receipt data to another mobile)
/the payload data includes the transaction id, authorization code, and line item
- Using a second android phone The Clerk opens the generic merchant Proof of Purchase validation application by selecting icon on the main OS screen of the second mobile device. The device is listening for proof of purchase.
- The Payer and the Clerk “Tap” mobiles
- The Payer’s mobile displays “Proof of Purchase Transmitted”
- The Clerk’s mobile displays “Proof of Purchase received”
- The Clerk can review the item and match to the proof of purchase received
- The Clerk select “Goods Delivered” button marking the proof of purchase as delivered
- The clerk application generates a host transaction to complete notification that the goods are received.
- The Payer’s mobile application displays message received
- The Payer opens the message which displays the Proof of Purchase with “Goods Received” over the top
- The Payer closes the application
- The Clerk selects return to main