Are you an experienced back-end developer? Are you confident when it comes to implementing interactive digital materials for clients in a variety of industries? Would you rather spend your day in dark seclusion than deal with pestering account managers and other agency employees?
Are you looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a small, fast-growing startup where your work directly contributes to the growth and success of the company, but still have the freedom to work remotely?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then this may be the opportunity for you!
This position would work with Joy Works Marketing as well as our partner, Fungi Marketing.
Joy Works Marketing is an online marketing company joyfully creating profits for our clients. We are a virtual company and work with team members from around the world.
Fungi Marketing is a marketing automation company focused on developing and implementing marketing tools designed to generate leads, nurture those leads, and convert them into recurring customers and brand advocates.
Personal Growth (10%)
- Participate in an initial 1-week training program to learn about Joy Works Marketing and Fungi Marketing’s products/services, internal processes, systems, and meet the team.
- Continuously learn about new back end development trends, case studies, and statistics, as well as an understanding of other Joy Works and Fungi services.
- Ask for (if needed) and participate in ongoing training opportunities.
Custom Development (60%)
Other ASP.net and php-based content management systems
- Mobile applications for IOS and Android
Team Collaboration (20%)
- Work closely with Fungi team members on a weekly basis including the graphic designer, front-end developer, marketing automation specialist and marketing manager.
- The go-to resource when someone has a advanced programming or other development-related question
Business Improvement (10%)
- Develop systems and train new back end developers when the need arises
- I am knowledgeable on other popular marketing automation platforms:
In addition to having a strong foundation in internet-based programming languages and applications, you should also have:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as lead developer (agency and client-side experience preferred)
- A working knowledge of common digital marketing practices (online advertising, search engine optimization, design, website analytics, marketing automation and more)
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Integrity - you would never deliver a developed project you weren’t proud of
- Confidence - you are confident in your ability to code quality solutions
- A team focus - your team is like your family, and your work helps the entire team succeed.
- Fast and reliable internet and phone connections
Hours & Compensation:
This is currently a part-time (5-15 hour/week) position, with room to grow as more clients are brought on board by the sales team.
Send us a cover letter that tells us how your skills and experience fit with this position, and include the phrase “There’s An App For That” to be considered. The interview process will include a Q&A on Upwork, and a video call with us (the co-founders). We expect to make a hiring decision by April 1.