- We are a telco comparison website who focus on SIM Only and prepaid plans
o The site you will be writing for is WhatPhone.com.au
o We operate in Australia
- We would like to hire a writer who can write ( initially ) 3 -5 articles per week.
o Each article would be around 700-1000 words in length
o We would pay up to 10 hours per 5000 word a week ( depending on cost per hour )
o The amount of work might increase in the future
We will provide source materials and expect you to read them / research the area yourself within the 10 hours per week / 5000 words.
- We would start with a trial for a single article at 2 hours
- We will provide article titles and relevant links on the subject to be covered
- Ideally, the writer we choose would have a knowledge of the telco / telecommunications industry in Australia
o And would stay with us for a while to better learn the telecommunications industry
- Some articles would be rewrites from existing articles which we would provide
- Periodically, articles will need updating as facts change, we would pay both of these activities by the hour
- We can provide support with fact checking and industry knowledge.
- We have an article schedule with content titles we’ve developed
- We will happily answer queries for you as time goes on and, if you get stuck provide you relevant links and guidance on the ‘right’ answer if the title of the article is a question.
** We have a specific 'style' of writing that we want. Most of it is general web stuff - e.g. we like you to use bullet points to explain things. To use sentences max 30 words or so to assist reader scanning. We would explain these requests as we went along and would work with you to adapt your style to ours, over time.
- Each article of 1000 words would be allocated 2 hours of your time to research and write. We would provide at least one article to assist your research of the subject and would expect you to find another couple. You would then use your own knowledge of the Australian phone market plus the content of the research you had done to provide the 1000 words to us.
We have a parallel blog requirement which we will engage you for if the telecommunications website work is good quality.
We usually check one or two articles a week to make sure they're working for both sides.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value