Solid, growing, and lively/fun Scottsdale CPA firm is seeking a full-time bookkeeper to review financial statements for multiple clients.
We are looking for someone with a fun loving, flexible, motivated, personality who is detail oriented. Someone who has a strong work ethic, is confident, comforting in their communication with others, and can work with little supervision.
Attention to detail and being a self-starter/self-driven is of utmost importance. Professional demeanor with great customer service skills. Normal hours would be 9-4 M-F. (Will need the flexibility to work additional hours and some Saturdays during Tax Season as needed.)
NOTE: We are accepting overseas professionals for this position, but you must be willing to work within US hours (we can be flexible 3-4 hours on start/end times within reason to handle our US based clientelle). Your English language skills must be at a fluent level.
We are a progressive, computer savvy CPA Firm, so you must have computer skills. Knowledge of working in the "cloud" is a plus as our firm is 100% digital.
Basic job duties would include:
- Bookkeeping data entry, review, problem-solving, research, reconciliation, and higher level review of the financial statements for accuracy & locating inconsistencies
- US sales tax preparation
- Research of various tax topics and communicate findings to clients/Lead Bookkeeper
- Helping clients with documents, questions, issues
- Communication with clients / government agencies / other staff
- Working as a team player to help get information in, out, done, and keep customers happy!
- Must pass background & credit check (for client security)
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks desktop and online version
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Must love dogs
- Must be willing to work with our teams all over the world, different cultures, and personalities
- Must have minimum 5 years' experience in public accounting and be proficient in Quickbooks (online and desktop versions), Excel and Outlook.
NOTE: Experience and understanding of a CPA firm during tax season is helpful, but not required. Also knowledge of Xero, FreshBooks, Zoho Books are all considered a plus for this position.
Note that during tax season we work longer hours and weekends (40-50 hours range) (Feb-April and Sept-Jan normally). During the summer hours we drop to 35 hours range (May-Aug). You are compensated hourly.
PLEASE send an email describing your awesome personality and why you would be an awesome fit for our firm. Your email should include "Awesome bookkeeper/payroll/sales tax candidate" in the title as well as have your resume and (3) references with telephone #'s for us to contact. Also, list current income requirements as well as past salary/pay/wage history. Any resumes without all of this information will not be considered.
Successful candidates will possess high attention to detail, organizational ability, the ability to flexible and work additional hours if needed by the team, clear and precise communications skills, dependability, and the ability to work well with others and a variety of technologies.
Behavioral keywords of the person we are looking for to join our team:
Energy Level – self-starter, multi-tasker, driven, efficient, lively, endurance