Business process consultant works with modeling, documenting, analyzing and designing business processes, as well as overseeing the implementation of process improvements. A business process consultant is responsible for examining existing processes, evaluating them within the context of organizational goals and proposing changes or enhancements to help achieve those goals. This specialist may also be responsible for coordinating the activities of individuals and departments involved in a particular process, and ensuring that they are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Seedergy Ventures Inc invests in stressed real estate properties. Most of the properties purchased need some sort or repair, remodeling or upgrade (called "rehabbing" in general) in variety degrees, anything between cosmetic needs like fresh paint to structural issues such as broken roof and/or foundation.
Every real estate property has its own characteristics and needs and therefore it is very important that one establishes a flexible project management system addressing construction issues. And such system will usually be constrained by cost, time and schedule. To achieve a balance between these constraints one needs to see the projects as a life-cycle progression passing through various phases of developments. A typical life-cycle progression may have following phases:
Seedergy Ventures Inc is looking for a consultant who can help to establish a process system for construction/rehabbing part of the real estate business. This process system will provide a structure in which work instructions fit into processes, and processes fit together to describe the working of the business as a whole. Processes will be interconnected as the output from one process becomes the input for another process. In effect, processes are “glued” together by means of such input-output relationships.
Attached document shows a more detailed break downs of life-cycle construction/rehabbing phases.
The selected candidate must deliver following milestones:
1) Study construction/rehabbing phases mentioned in attached document and produce a detailed Construction/Rehabbing Manual specific to Seedergy's business model.
2) Use the manual and prepare a planning document showing specific steps in establishing processes and procedures on a cloud based ERP system.
3) Implement steps in planning documents and set up a full functioning ERP system with all process and procedures in place.
Later, the same candidate may take over a project manager role and run the majority of managerial tasks of actual construction/rehabbing jobs remotely with help of local assistance. Or the candidate may continue working on establishing other business process systems for different but related parts of the company.
1. Conceptual skills: These include planning, organizing, having strong goal orientation, ability to see the project as a whole.
2. Technical skills: These include specialized knowledge in the use of tools and techniques, project knowledge, understanding methods, process and procedures, understanding the technology required, and skill in the use of computer. Should have necessary basic knowledge of tools and techniques used in engineering and construction processes. Should be able to understand the technology trends and their evolution. Should also have skills to synchronize different technologies. Should have expertise connected with product and process used in the project.
3. Attitude: This refers to an open, positive and ‘can do’ attitude, which encourages communication and motivation, and fosters cooperation.
4. Needs solid basic experience in the relevant field. Should be multi-discipline-oriented. Should also be global-problem-oriented, i.e., must consider the external, political, legal and environmental aspects.
5. Should master the basics of planning, budgeting, coordinating and assessing financial reports, and following up.
6. Should have the knowledge and understanding of estimating systems, cost control, scheduling control, quality and safety. Should be able to develop procedures and be able to implement them.
7. Knowledge of ERP systems on cloud which will be used for development and usage of the process system.
8. Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Verbal knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
9. Actual construction experience is preferred, but not a prerequisite.
10. Knowledge of Six Sigma, TQM and other project and process management systems is a significant advantage.
Requirements for applications
A cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate and please provide some specific information about yourself with respect to each of above mentioned qualifications.
Seedergy Ventures Inc, President