We are a publishing house looking for creative & expert ghostwriters to work with us long term, writing Military Romance novels.
Our aim is to produce several standalone, connected novel series of 60k words or more, hence we need writers who:
1) can commit to long term work;
2) have strong & fast writing with minimal or no grammatical errors;
3) are open to criticisms of their work;
4) are willing to do edits/changes as required;
5) can communicate swiftly & adhere to agreed deadlines.
Apart from the above, the writer has to be extremely creative with the below abilities:
- "show" a story rather than "explain" or "tell" the story;
- flesh out a plot with a story of cause and effect rather than random scenes that happen on their own;
- execute a plot that grips readers from the first paragraph to the last with twists & turns, believable conflicts and resolution, multi-dimensional characters, likeable protagonist, portrayal of strong emotions, reinforced with defining scenes in the background.
*Point to note, we are particularly sensitive to draggy scenes and can instantly know if the writer is simply beefing up the content with pointless words that serve no purpose for the story.
**This is an expert level assignment that requires the writer to be exceedingly creative as we want every book to stay glued to the readers' eyes from the first word to the last.
***Please do not apply if you can only come up with a simple and bland plot.
****The hiring process will require writers to do research work and convince us of their experience in writing this genre.
NOTE ON PLAGIARISM:
We take a serious view of plagiarism have zero tolerance on writers that copy the work of others. All written copies received by us will go through a few plagiarism checkers such as Copyscape. The writers will not be paid if the content is not original and the malpractice will be reported to Upwork immediately.
**Please apply along with samples of your previous work, if any, on Military Romance of at least 1,000 words.
***The selection process will be communicated to you upon shortlist. We need to know your level of commitment for the long term before embarking on the actual assignment.
A bit about ourselves:
Our publishing house is easy to work with and we promise swift payments, incentivising good ghostwriters and raising their rates if they produce excellent copies, and retaining strong ghostwriters for long term work. The chosen writers will not go "hungry" as we have ongoing projects that will only end if your creativity tapers off!
This position is a ghostwriting position, which means that once we have purchased the written work you will not retain any rights to the work. We will have all rights to publish, distribute, sell and generally use the stories in perpetuity in any media including digital, electronic and print. Further, the written work will be published under our publishing house which will retain the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, and the work cannot be distributed or used by you in the future.
Now if you believe you are a good fit for our assignments, please ask us as many questions as you wish, and be creative with your questions!
February 21, 2018
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers